This was a very attractive Hampton Inn and Suites in decor and architecture. It is withing walking distance of many restaurants and is just off the University of FL campus. A typical Hampton style breakfast was provided, as well as all other amenities. However I was upset about the high price charged for this particular Hampton Inn in comparison to others where I have stayed. Due to the fact it is in limited downtown space, you must park in a parking deck approx. a block away and it t was 8pm and dark when I arrived. I am a retired female and I didn't feel safe walking 1/2 block on a narrow sidewalk between a building and the parking deck to get to the front entry of the hotel. It was a real security issue for me so beware if you are traveling alone. It was not a covered walkway so the rain wasn't very comfortable either. Also the parking fee of $6 was added to your bill. I have stayed in many Hampton Inns and have never had a security issue like this. When you are unfamiliar with a new town, you should take all precautions
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville Downtown is situated in the heart of Downtown Gainesville's Historic District, and close to the University of Florida and Shands Healthcare. Our well-appointed 124 guestrooms including 27 spacious studio suites featuring the famous Cloud Nine bed, 37" HDTV in guestrooms & 42" HDTV in studio suites, and complimentary: high-speed internet access, "On the House" hot breakfast, local calls... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Hotel Gainesville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Gainesville-Downtown