“best garlic knots ever and good pizza too” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Melbourne, Florida
“best garlic knots ever and good pizza too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

During a recent trip to Gainesville, we needed lunch on a busy day, and Big Lou's was a great choice. We grabbed take-out, and the garlic knots were dripping in yummy butter and lots and lots of real garlic pieces. They were decadently good! Everyone was happy with the huge slices, and the ingredients were quality as well as quantity! Thanks Big Lou. We will be back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
“Best Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have never gone to Big Lou's but my daughter brought some pizza from there to our house and it was outstanding. I would certainly advise people to go there and try it.

Fort White
“Food was good, but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I, along with some extended family members went here on December 7th, 2012. The salad the brought my niece needed help - the lettuce was bad. Waiter was cool about it and brought her a fresh salad. We ordered a side of garlic rolls, which were freaking amazing - Big Lou's marinara sauce is really good.

We also ordered a large pizza. The pizza itself was very good as well. Good flavor, cooked right with the right amount of ingredients. Just really a good pizza.

My problem with Big Lou's isn't with the food - it's the cleanliness. The restroom floors were black. There was dirt and grime up two feet on the walls in the restrooms. I almost felt like I needed a tetanus shot after being in there.

The only reason I'm giving Big Lou's 3 out of 5 is because the food was VERY good. I'll go back, but, before I order I'll check out the restrooms first. If they look as bad as they did on our first trip, I'l leave...

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, FL
“Great local pizza and salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The salad is above average with freshness and size and the pizza is made to order just as good. Great outdoor seating to provide a bit of fresh air and people watching.

Visited November 2012
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
“thin-crust pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was there with a friend to dine. I usually ask something like a NY pizza, a very simple version, similar to Italian Pizza Margherita. It was a good pizza, a little bit sweet. The staff was nice, in my opinion is a good place to go before or after cinema or theatre.

• Visited July 2012