“Needed attention” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
North Palm Beach, Florida
“Needed attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great food, wonderful service, but uncomfortable chairs with parts missing? Foot rest on tall chairs cut into the enjoyment of the evening,

Scotch Plains, NJ
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Food was good and had great service. The server steered us to great menu choices and accompanying wine.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort White, Fl.
“Make it Embers Wood Grill for any Occasion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

You certainly don't need an excuse to dine at Embers Wood Grill. Any reason will suffice to go there. The attentive service and food will do. (Ask for Christin if you go.) My wife and I split the Fire Grilled Caesar Salad for our appetizer. Needless to say, it was delicious and filling. The folks there have no problem with your sharing anything on the menu, and at no extra cost, as in some restaurants. After the terrific salad we settled into our main courses. We both ordered the Filet Mignons, but since my wife likes her beef cremated, (aghast!), I won't even go there. I, on the other hand, ordered mine medium rare, and it was simply delicious. So tender and melt in your mouth! It was grilled to perfection and spot on good. Be sure and ask for their steak sauce on the side. It will enhance your dining pleasure. You get your choice of two sides that are extensive on their menu. My wife chose the grilled beefsteak tomato and the grilled zucchini and squash. Sad to say she was disappointed with the zucchini but was happy with the squash and tomato. I chose their mushroom medley and the grilled asparagus with bearnaise sauce. Both were quite delicious, and I asked for and received, extra sauce for the asparagus. The mushrooms were quite ample and very satisfying with my filet. For desert, which my wife and I shared, I ordered the flourless chocolate cake. Needless to say, wanting something very decadent, I was not disappointed at all. You'll just have to try it for yourself! So, if you want to experience a very fine dining experience, make your reservation today and enjoy all of the "TLC" at Embers Wood Grill!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“What an awesome anniversary dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Celebrating our one year anniversary my boyfriend and I wanted the perfect place to dine at. We chose embers based on the reviews on trip advisor and their online menu. The ambiance was very romantic and much nicer than you'd expect looking at the outside. I can't recall our servers name but he was very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. We had the gator tail as an app it was very good and the portion was larger than expected. For our entrees we had the grouper and the sirloin both were cooked to perfection and the Mac and cheese was out of this world. Dessert we chose the creme brûlée which was good but the liquor on top was a little overbearing and could have had a tad bit less but I'm very picky about creme. The wine menu is great they have something for everyone's palate. My only real complaint is when making reservations they had asked if it was a special occasion I told them it was our anniversary. Since I've worked in the food business when typically asked this you need to make sure everyone who encounter the couple says " happy anniversary" we didn't hear it once. Not that this would honestly keep us away just a helpful tip for future costomers. It was a fantastic dinner and we will be back.

Gainesville, Florida
“Excellent dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

First time dining at Embers Wood Grill. All the appetizers, entrees and dessert were EXCELLENT! Drinks were good as well. While some items on the menu can be a bit pricey depending on what you choose; but it is well worth the price for the QUALITY of the food and how it is presented. Will definitely return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere