“Perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

UF, I-75, franchise eating places, stores, etc. are close by. To go to trendy local eating establishments downtown around 6 pm takes forever. Staff couldn't be more helpful - changed our room to non I-75 side of hotel - good recommendations for dinner - left charger for phone in previous room - no hesitation in going up to the room to find it. Rooms clean.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not front I-75 as it is very noisy
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel has full kitchens, great hot breakfast, always very clean, friendly staff. Located right next to a plaza with walmart, target, restaurants and stores. Very quiet, family friendly. We always stay at this hotel for Gator football.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel but without transfer from the airport (40$). Very good rooms, everything nice and big
Good breakfeast with a coffee much beter than Starbucks. Nice swimming pool.gym.wi-fi conection and lawdrw. y

• Stayed September 2012
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Spent 2 nights here moving my son into his dorm at UF. We booked a 2 bedroom suite and found it to be very comfortable, clean and well furnished. It was great having 2 bedrooms and a sleeper couch in the living room not to mention 3 TV's. We sent some boxes down before we checked in and the hotel staff gladly accepted them and held them for us . This was a great service and very much appreciated. Breakfast was typical for a Residence Inn and parking was easy. The hotel is very convenient to many shopping center and dining establishments.

Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My son and I needed to stay in Gainesville, FL for an early morning appointment. We picked this Marriott because of the location to the appointment. We arrived around 9:30PM on a Monday night and we were given room 227 (king bed/one bath plus a sofa bed). Unfortunately, the bedroom window faced I-75. So, I could hear every truck/car/semi/ that passed by ALL night. In addition, there is a light post directly outside the window. So...I enjoyed both noise and extra light while trying to sleep. My son who was sleeping on the sofa bed wasn't bothered as much with the traffic noise as his window faced a different direction. (We have stayed at this same Marriott before and had a room on the opposite side of the property away from 1-75 without the noise problem. ) SO...I would recommend that you request a room away from 1-75. The room was clean and fine for a quick over night stay. We went down for the complementary breakfast at 8AM. It was just okay (I know it's free... so I can't really complain but we have experienced better quality of breakfast food/offerings at other Residence Inn's throughout Florida.) They offered coffee, bagels, self serve waffles, three types of cereal and oatmeal. What they need more of was the scrambled eggs (they ran out) and ice for the cold beverages. I tried the ice machine twice during breakfast and it was empty both times.

Room Tip: Request a room away from 1-75 !
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our 1-bedroom suite was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The front desk personnel were friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast/dinner offerings were good. The location is quiet, but is just off I-75 and the main highway through Gainesville. We will definitely stay here again.

Wiesbaden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here and as the Residence's go, this one was quite nice. It seems to often be very busy and some rooms might be too close to I-75 but we didn't have those problems. We were traveling with 4 boys and had booked a 2 rooms suite and it was really nice. All very clean, a kitchen which was in great shape, 3 TVs, 2 queens and a sofa bed. That was our let down. Each night the boys swapped out which pair slept there and each morning I heard how horrible their night was. Did I mention they are all 14? This sofa sleeper is really not meant for sleeping on. Sure, most are not that great as well but we had hoped for that room rate for a better version.

All in all a good stay but will not go back when expecting to sleep 6 again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Gainesville I-75? Share your experiences!