“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel but without transfer from the airport (40$). Very good rooms, everything nice and big
Good breakfeast with a coffee much beter than Starbucks. Nice swimming pool.gym.wi-fi conection and lawdrw. y

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Spent 2 nights here moving my son into his dorm at UF. We booked a 2 bedroom suite and found it to be very comfortable, clean and well furnished. It was great having 2 bedrooms and a sleeper couch in the living room not to mention 3 TV's. We sent some boxes down before we checked in and the hotel staff gladly accepted them and held them for us . This was a great service and very much appreciated. Breakfast was typical for a Residence Inn and parking was easy. The hotel is very convenient to many shopping center and dining establishments.

Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My son and I needed to stay in Gainesville, FL for an early morning appointment. We picked this Marriott because of the location to the appointment. We arrived around 9:30PM on a Monday night and we were given room 227 (king bed/one bath plus a sofa bed). Unfortunately, the bedroom window faced I-75. So, I could hear every truck/car/semi/ that passed by ALL night. In addition, there is a light post directly outside the window. So...I enjoyed both noise and extra light while trying to sleep. My son who was sleeping on the sofa bed wasn't bothered as much with the traffic noise as his window faced a different direction. (We have stayed at this same Marriott before and had a room on the opposite side of the property away from 1-75 without the noise problem. ) SO...I would recommend that you request a room away from 1-75. The room was clean and fine for a quick over night stay. We went down for the complementary breakfast at 8AM. It was just okay (I know it's free... so I can't really complain but we have experienced better quality of breakfast food/offerings at other Residence Inn's throughout Florida.) They offered coffee, bagels, self serve waffles, three types of cereal and oatmeal. What they need more of was the scrambled eggs (they ran out) and ice for the cold beverages. I tried the ice machine twice during breakfast and it was empty both times.

Room Tip: Request a room away from 1-75 !
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our 1-bedroom suite was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The front desk personnel were friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast/dinner offerings were good. The location is quiet, but is just off I-75 and the main highway through Gainesville. We will definitely stay here again.

Wiesbaden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here and as the Residence's go, this one was quite nice. It seems to often be very busy and some rooms might be too close to I-75 but we didn't have those problems. We were traveling with 4 boys and had booked a 2 rooms suite and it was really nice. All very clean, a kitchen which was in great shape, 3 TVs, 2 queens and a sofa bed. That was our let down. Each night the boys swapped out which pair slept there and each morning I heard how horrible their night was. Did I mention they are all 14? This sofa sleeper is really not meant for sleeping on. Sure, most are not that great as well but we had hoped for that room rate for a better version.

All in all a good stay but will not go back when expecting to sleep 6 again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

While we were only passing through the area for one night, the suite was very clean and updated. Traveling with 2 teenage girls can be difficult without 2 bathrooms so this suite was perfect. The staff at this hotel is very personable and we will return if traveling to this area.

Room Tip: Even though we did stay near the middle of the hotel, I did not hear any road noise. However, if yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DavidStarnes, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Gainesville.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very friendly staff. We reserved a one bedroom suite that was very nice, clean and comfortable. Good semi firm bed, good shower, nicely decorated rooms. Although we only stayed 2 nights, the room was comfortable enough to stay a week or longer. Nicely equipped kitchen with granite countertops, coffee maker, toaster, microwave with popcorn, and dishwasher which is great for those that hate to wash dishes!
The Buffett breakfast is ok. The buffet is very similar to a Hampton Inn Hotel style buffet with Sausage patties, dried eggs, bagels, muffins, waffle maker and juices. There is also oatmeal with limited fresh fruit.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Residence Inn Gainesville I-75? Share your experiences!