“Disappointing considering they are supposed to be a category 5 hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Gainesville I-75

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Hawkesbury, Canada
“Disappointing considering they are supposed to be a category 5 hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here on points, was in town to attend my nieces graduation, stayed five nights plus had another room for my sister in law. It's a very nice hotel, the rooms are also nice and clean but for two days in a row they forgot to replenish the coffee and pick up the recycling, after those two days it went well. We had a separate bedroom and for us Canadians who need air conditioning we had to keep the other room (where the fan was) at 65 in order to not be too warm in our bedroom, I guess someone faltered for circulation but that is the building part. My nephews are big waffle eaters and they said the dough was old so they didn't really eat any but had the rest of the breakfast. All in all because of the status of this hotel in the chain it was disappointing, if it was a category 3 it would have been understandable, I guess. Will try something else when we come back in the fall.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms near the highway if you're a light sleeper, we had 327 and the traffic o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DavidStarnes, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I do apologize for the slight slip in service during your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed all the hotel had to offer. The amount of set used for a stay is set by Marriott. I do apologize that you feel we are set too high. I hope we get the chance to serve you in the fall.

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having 2 boys attend & graduate from UFL, we have stayed with several different hotels in this area. Of all this was the nicest. The room was clean and comfortable and spacious. The breakfast what we expected. It's a 5-10 minute drive to the UFL campus. A little pricey would be my only complaint. It was graduation week. All the hotels were expensive.

Room Tip: Book early. Gainesville hotel prices go sky high and availability goes way down during college event...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Colchester, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel while visiting family at UF, and used reward points. From the warm welcome from the staff, to the updated rooms, to the nice breakfast, this hotel is one of the nicest Residence Inn's that I have stayed at. I wasn't able to use the pool or the fitness center, but I wish all of the Residence Inn's in the Northeast were as nice as this one! If I went to Florida more often, this would be my hotel of choice!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times - each stay has been very nice. The rooms are very clean and spacious. It is nice to have a kitchen and more square feet in a room. BUT... my room was facing the interstate and the road noise was bad. It made trying to sleep very difficult. I would stay here again - but get a room opposite the interstate!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DavidStarnes, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for continuing to be loyal to our hotel. We will always do whatever we can to accommodate a request when it is available so please ask. We look forward to having you back on your next trip.
Chesapeake, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We found this hotel by chance. Our son was graduating from UF Sunday night, and we had family from 4 directions coming to Gainesville. We got 2 two bedroom suites. Plenty of room for 8. The staff the was the best. Sebastian, & Tyler got us checked in before graduation with our rooms next door to one another. The rooms were clean and very spacious, we felt very much at home there. We had a full kitchen so we could snack and visit, aka party in one place. We had a day to enjoy the pool and that area was clean as well. The breakfast lady was so sweet, she was there by herself and she handled everyone like they were the only ones. The next day there was a young man at breakfast and he was also great. Tuesday our son was commissioned as an Ensign in the the Navy, and once again we partied afterwards in our room. I wish we would have known about this 4 years ago when our son started school, but should we ever need to go back to Gainesville we will stay at the Residence Inn. I would like to thank everyone that works there for a wonderful experience.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Gainvesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My parents have stayed here many times when they come to Gainesville to visit. They love the fact they have a suite with a full kitchen, and a free happy hour with dinner during the weekdays. The hotel is fairly new, and the rooms are excellent. I myself have stayed there when I needed a place to stay. In fact, when I needed an apartment mid-semester, I looked into staying here. The rates were pricey at first glance, but then by the time you add everything that is included, it wasn't a bad deal. I would have loved to make the Residence Inn my home for the reminder of law school, but I was able to find an apartment even with the short notice. Will stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

About 10 years ago I stayed at a Residence Inn in Bakersfield California. I was so traumatized by that hotel experience I vowed never again to stay in any Residence Inn. After reading so many positives for this location in Gainsville I chose to give it another chance RELUCTANTLY. I was shocked at the major difference from one to another. Check in was fast, room was big, modern, and clean. The only thing that was bad was the shower head it was defective and the water was coming out awkwardly. But service was lovely, breakfast was tasty, pool is also very nice. Outside they have a fire pit. I really loved it. Close to all major restaurants and obviously the schools. Kitchen in rooms are very modern, you can shop at nearby Publix and stock your fridge. If your a busy person you can leave a list and they will shop and stock for you. I was very impressed and will be returning when visiting my nephew.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Residence Inn Gainesville I-75? Share your experiences!