“Not my first choice in Gainesville. Poor fitness equipment, nice building, great staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Gainesville I-75

3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'm sure I've stayed at this hotel more than 50 nights over the past four years. But it's not my first choice in Gainesville. If the fitness equipment met even reasonable expectations I likely would have stayed there 50 additional nights. The building and rooms are very nice. The staff is great. But I also prefer to have a decent place to workout on site and the mix and the quality of the fitness equipment at this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. When I first stayed there, I left comments for the hotel management and eventually Marriott and three years later it is actually worse. Nonetheless, if you don't care about the fitness room, this is really a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Okeechobee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the facilities are top-notch, breakfast & happy hour great (room service could be ramped-up, wi fi slow), but my nightmare began even after paying bill and getting paid receipt showing zero balance; holds on card remained. I had holds placed on my debit/visa card not only for room charges (4 night stay; but $20/night for incidental charges as well) I did not require any incidentals. Get this: holds remain on my card beyond seven (7) calendar days. Gen mgr showed little interest or concern in solving my issue. Card company said that hotel's merchant services provider is responsible for long hold times to card. Gen. mgr. did not make any effort in my direction to call merchant services provider to release holds on my card. My funds were tied-up unreasonably long prior to release from card.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DavidStarnes, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
First I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and staff. I would like to again apologize for any inconvenience our billing system may have caused you. Every hotel has an authorization process similar to ours. We have Debit card guidelines posted at our front desk. I do assure you that the hotel exhausted all our resources in order to take care of this for you. You and I called your bank together about your prepaid card and they told us no action could be taken. Through multiple correspondence with myself and Marriott we were still unable to release the holds on your card. As it turns out, the holds that remained on your card after departure were not by our hotel, but the bank. At this point it does fall to your banking institution. Again thank you for your stay and your wonderful comments about the hotel. I do truly apologize for any inconvenience.

Have a wonderful day.

David Starnes
GM
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

When looking for a hotel a lot of factors go into the decision. The comfort of the beds should be very important. At this Residence Inn the beds are rock solid. I didn't stay in every room, but the one I was in sure did not did help my back. If you like firm hard beds then this hotel is for you. I do have to say otherwise the hotel is very good. The rooms are spacious, with a kitchen and living area. There are no restaurants within walking distance, but a very short drive. One great benefit is the proximity to the Swap Head Brewery, this is within walking distance. The rooms and overall hotel is very clean, They have a great breakfast, outdoor pool with a fire pit. I cant say I will stay here again. There are too many other hotels in the area that I'm sure have more comfortable beds. For the price I would have expected more.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing he Interstate and check the comfort of the bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The rooms are spacious, clean, and the property is convenient to all Gainesville points of interest.

Typically, I'm not a Residence Inn fan, but this newer property is a good pick. The location is safe and you're car will be fine - even the parking lot is spacious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here for one night while having my dog diagnosed at the UF Veterinary Hospital. This hotel is dog friendly (a limited set of rooms). I got a king suite (one room) on the first floor. They were very accommodating and very sympathetic to my and my dog's needs by giving me a quiet room for his recovery and on the first floor since he could not negotiate stairs. He was there for 2 days of testing. The staff is great! TIP: request away from the interstate as the road noise is loud on that side of hotel. The room was really nice. Very nicely decorated, clean and felt like a little apartment. The manager's dinner was good and the breakfast was good in the morning with lots of variety. This is a great hotel for prolonged stay, stopover while traveling on I-75 or as just a tourist. It is very close to all kinds of restaurants in Gainesville, Target, and just up the street from the Vet hospital. As can be imagined, I was not in a good state as my dog is very ill, but having a nice room like this that was comfortable made the stay much easier.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the interstate. If you are visiting the UF vet hospital, be sure to tell t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boquete, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Lovely rooms, with only downside being the noise from the interstate. The hot breakfast featured a lot of variety to suit all tastes. The evening happy hour was very nice as well. Rooms featured a full kitchen that was also fully equipped.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sanibel Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family and I have stayed here twice and my husband and I are returning this weekend. We are here for the UF basketball. Location is perfect, for going to the campus, taking a walk, shopping or finding restaurants. The rooms seem new, and are spacious and clean. Who can complain about the free breakfast. This is the deal for your money!! Thank you all for your hospitality.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Gainesville I-75? Share your experiences!