“Beautiful Property but Pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Beautiful Property but Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Residence Inn is true to form for the brand, with the most recent beautification upgrades included - simply GORGEOUS.

The Wi-Fi is FAST&FREE

Parking is free.

The beds and bedding are superb and afford a restful night’s sleep in luxury.

If you book a suite with the bedroom(s) separated from the living/kitchen area there is a bathroom in each bedroom. This seems to be standard across the brand, which provides privacy for the family or group in the regard.

The kitchen is fully equipped, with the exception of a toaster which I thought was standard equipment; and not all suites have an oven; but all do have a cooktop. This is the same for all RI, as far as I can tell from experience.

The suite itself is large and set up for comfort. It truly resembles an upscale condominium – very nice to come home to after a full day in Gainesville!

The towels are soft and thirsty bath sheets. The hair care is Paul Mitchell.

The entire suite was immaculate!

The personnel are all friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and have been known to let guests push checkout until after 1PM, with special request!! We took advantage of this!

Although we didn’t stay during a night that provided the manager’s reception, we did find breakfast most pleasing. Lots of fresh choices, beautifully arranged!

I rated this as a “4” strictly because of the price tag. I’m certain that’s due to location; but we have stayed at many equally qualified RI properties for less than 70% of what this property charges. When I’m in the area and feeling extravagant again, I will definitely bring my family here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DavidStarnes, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you very much for the review. We are very proud of our hotel. We hope to be your hotel of choice in Gainesville, Florida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed in a 2BR Residence Inn last weekend. The hotel is close by I-75. We were able to get room on the back side of the hotel so noise wasn't an issue. This property is a huge improvement over the older one that was on 13th street. The decor is modern and up to date. The lobby is nicely done and breakfast area is well laid out. There was plenty of room to sit down on Saturday morning when the hotel was full of visitors. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Of all the Residence Inn's we have visited, this one is the best. The location is right next to I-75 but close to the UF campus and downtown Gainesville.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the hotel to reduce noise from I-75.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Exceptional front desk staff, with helpful local info and full description of hotel amenities. Rooms are spacious and super clean. Generous Manager's reception featuring local brew pub products. Very nice pool area. Only negative is the parking lot which is somewhat limited and distant from the hotel entry, which is unpleasant in the rain.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the highway would be more quiet.
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here on the recommendation of a local - I only needed one night for a university visit the next day. Check-in was fast and efficient and surprisingly friendly. This was my second time to stay at a Residence Inn and I found the room, layout, amenities, etc. to be identical. I assume if you've stayed at one, you've stayed at them all.

I went to the fitness center first - 2 treadmills but 1 was broken. I used the elliptical machine which had a TV attached - unfortunately it wasn't hooked up to the machine correctly so i couldn't use earbuds. The only way to use the TV would be to turn it up loud separately. There were some free weights and a bench - not much room if more than 1 exerciser decides to come.

Afterward I visited the social, where the offering was chicken breasts, buns, and the fixin's including beans, macaroni salad, and potato salad. Felt like a wintertime picnic and enough for a complete dinner - no need to go to a restaurant. They had wine and two local beers which were strong (go easy if you have work to do in the evening).

Wifi in the room was fine and I worked at the desk for several hours. The mattress was on the firm side but not too bad. Everything was nice and clean in the bath area. Actually in retrospect the room had a strong "cleaner" odor when I first walked in but guess I got used to it.

Breakfast was great - nice variety and food was "real", not the prepackaged cheap stuff at some other hotels. The hosts were friendly were helpful both at the social and breakfast.

I'm not sure why the reviews aren't better - I'm pretty picky and I'm not hesitating to rate this 5 stars.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

More than just clean quite rooms. Managers social is the best in town..Breakfast is more than you ever thought you might want, for breakfast. Location is convient to highway, as well as the main road.[Rt.24] Shopping is very close, as well as many local venues to eat. When in Gainesville Florida one of the best places to stay. Close to Shands Hospital, and University of Florida.

Room Tip: north east rooms further from highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The location of this hotel is something to be desired; it seems to be a 10-15 minute drive at least to most of the destinations that you would be going to for business: the airport, a nice dinner downtown, or most offices associated with the University.

I was traveling with a colleague of mine, Both of us were given rooms right accross from each other facing the highway-I strongly recommend not facing the highway, as traffic noise awoke me several times during the night.

My room was spacious, and while it is Florida, there were several dead bugs in the bathroom area that did not exactly make the greatest impression. The gym is minimal and definitely needs attention-two treadmills, one broken, and an elliptical. The weights were only free weights (no machines) and started at 20lbs. To be fair, they did offer complementary entry to a local gym, but this presents a problem to travelers who do not have ready access to transportation and need to get a quick workout in.

The front desk did recommend several great restaurants and were very helpful in that regard. The buffet facilities were nice, I didn't have coffee available in my room but it was ready and waiting when I went downstairs in the AM in the common area.

The total price for my room was a bit much based on what was offered-not sure I'll be back.

Crestview, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is in a quiet area even though it is right of I-75. Our room faced the back and we didn't hear any noise at all. When we entered the room it was very clean but the smell from the cleaning was a bit strong. The bed was very comfortable, but the sofa was kind of sagging and hard to sit on. The room had a nice kitchen and a table for two as well as a desk and another chair. The television could be swiveled to watch from the sitting area or the bed. I did find some hair on the bed that was not from us but the sheets were clean smelling. The breakfast was very good. There was no evening reception on Sunday; they have it only Monday through Thursday. The hotel is located close to a variety of restaurants and shopping. It is pet friendly. The staff was very helpful and cheerful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Gainesville I-75? Share your experiences!