I stayed at this particular hotel this past Sunday for a swim meet at the University of Florida pool and had an excellent experience. Residence Inn is one of my preferred hotel choices for swim meet weekends because of the ability to cook in the room.
The night before my stay was a Gator game in Gainesville, so there was quite a bit of debris left by the outside trash cans when we arrived, but the inside of the hotel was spotless. They were still cleaning up from the heavy partying the night before when we arrived around one in the afternoon. The first room they gave me had a terrible smell to it, so I immediately went downstairs and they were able to find me a first floor room (my preference) with no foul odors thankfully. The room was clean and fresh looking with the decor of the newer Residence Inn renovations. The front desk staff was very nice about my request to change rooms. I have had hotels balk at switching my room, but I have the nose of a bloodhound and cannot stand off smells.
When we went to make dinner, I discovered the burners on the stovetop in the room would not heat my water to boiling after an hour of waiting. I went to the front desk again and they suggested using the two gas burners by the grill outside. The gentleman working the front desk offered to light the burners for me, but they worked the same as my home grill so I was able to light them easily. Being able to cook outside worked out well as I had two large gas burners to cook on with a large outdoor seating area right there. There is a lovely sitting area with a fire pit as well as tables and chairs.
The one problem I did see with this hotel is it has the smallest breakfast area of any Residence Inn I have been to. Also, the breakfast was not the best one I have seen at Residence Inn, but it was OK. Overall, the property is well kept, clean and the staff is very accommodating to guest’s unique needs.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Gainesville i-75 Hotel Gainesville
- Residence Inn Gainesville i-75 Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Gainesville by Marriott® hotel is located just 3 miles from the University of Florida including Heavener Football Complex and Ben Hill Griffin Complex as well as Shands at the University of Florida. Spacious extended stay suites include complimentary Internet, mini-fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary hot breakfast buffet, complimentary parking, pool, fitness center, meeting room, and outdoor patio with fire pit and BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Residence Inn Gainesville I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.