“Extremely accommodating hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Extremely accommodating hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at this particular hotel this past Sunday for a swim meet at the University of Florida pool and had an excellent experience. Residence Inn is one of my preferred hotel choices for swim meet weekends because of the ability to cook in the room.

The night before my stay was a Gator game in Gainesville, so there was quite a bit of debris left by the outside trash cans when we arrived, but the inside of the hotel was spotless. They were still cleaning up from the heavy partying the night before when we arrived around one in the afternoon. The first room they gave me had a terrible smell to it, so I immediately went downstairs and they were able to find me a first floor room (my preference) with no foul odors thankfully. The room was clean and fresh looking with the decor of the newer Residence Inn renovations. The front desk staff was very nice about my request to change rooms. I have had hotels balk at switching my room, but I have the nose of a bloodhound and cannot stand off smells.

When we went to make dinner, I discovered the burners on the stovetop in the room would not heat my water to boiling after an hour of waiting. I went to the front desk again and they suggested using the two gas burners by the grill outside. The gentleman working the front desk offered to light the burners for me, but they worked the same as my home grill so I was able to light them easily. Being able to cook outside worked out well as I had two large gas burners to cook on with a large outdoor seating area right there. There is a lovely sitting area with a fire pit as well as tables and chairs.

The one problem I did see with this hotel is it has the smallest breakfast area of any Residence Inn I have been to. Also, the breakfast was not the best one I have seen at Residence Inn, but it was OK. Overall, the property is well kept, clean and the staff is very accommodating to guest’s unique needs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is my second time staying at the Residence Inn I-75 in Gainesville, FL. The rooms are very spacious with huge suites. I really enjoy the ability to stretch out and seperate the work from sleeping area. Each room has a full size kitchen and very large bathroom. The customer service was superb too. I really enjoyed the free breakfast and managers special in the afternoon. They even use the grill tomake fresh food in the afternoons. My only quirk would be that the beds are a bit on the firm side but the pillows are nice and soft.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LaGrange, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

New, modern, great service. If you have to be away from home for extended periods of time this Residence Inn will ease the pain. The staff was very helpful and polite. The hotel has everything you need. The rooms are modern and consist of many comforts from home. This hotel is on my repeat list.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Residence Inn Gainesville was the last leg of our return trip from our New England road trip. As always we are never let down by Residence Inn's. Very nice hotel, very clean and the staff was very courteous. The hotel was booked with a youth baseball tournament. The staff handled the busy and noisy lobby very well. We were pleasantly surprised that we did not hear the active young athletes at all. Even with all of the commotion the staff was attentive to the non-baseball guests. We would recommend this hotel and we would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have stayed here for more than a month, so I'm certain I can give a traveler's view of this facility. Everything is nice, but they are understaffed when the hotel is totally booked, like when championship boys softball came to Gainesville this summer. Imagine 150 screaming boys in your hotel who took over the lobby, swimming pool and ran up and down the hall banging on doors. There was no major management to put them in their place. When they checked out, calm resulmed for a while. The suite room is nice, comfortable for no more than 3, two adults and one child on the sleep sofa. The king bed sleeps well, but there is noise from the interstate that you will hear, even if placed at the back of the hotel. Breakfast is very good and nicely served - a bit above the standard fare that we've had at other facilities. The hotel is very clean, but for longtime residents, simple things like having an extra roll of toilet paper are not provided. I did get tired of having to go to the front desk to get an extra roll late at night. I did appreciate their role in recycling, providing bins in the room and around the pool area for cans and plastic. It is near many restaurants on Archer Road for those seeky nearby food. Most are recognizable chains.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is one of the nicer hotels if you are staying in Gainesville. Property is kept immaculate, (unless they have a ball team staying) and in general very satisfying. Wine and Beer is served Monday through Thursday, (unless the host is out sick, then you are out of luck) and a light dinner is served. Don't expect it to serve as dinner, or you will go hungry. Good for an appetizer before going out for dinner.Breakfast is satisfactory, and the staff does their best to keep up with the demand. I don't recommend getting the scrambled eggs...they are powdered with no taste. Other than that, they have oatmeal, cereal, and sausage. Fruit as well as the make your own waffles.

Now on to housekeeping. You are fine if you are only staying a day or two. But we stayed 2 months and never had our floors cleaned, or the toilet.scrubbed. Maids showed up around 5 when we were cooking dinner in our little kitchen, just hoping to give you new towels and that's it. I think we had our sheets changed 3 times in 2 months, and that was at my insistence..

The room kitchen was well equipped, and all in all, had a good visit. Very pet friendly. My main suggestion is to get the housekeeping staff up to par. Landscaping is fantastic. They have a hard time accommodating large groups. Don't seem to hire the staff to keep up with the demand.

If you are here for a short stay, and they don't have any baseball leagues staying, you will have a good visit. Just insist on a room on the opposite side of the highway or you will be counting trucks at night and not sheep!

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the highway or you will not be having a "silent night&qu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Initially had reservations at another Marriott property just a couple miles from here. Then I read reviews on Trip Advisor, booked a room here and cancelled the other one. That was one of the smartest choices ever !!! When checking in, the receptionist indicated we still had time to enjoy the Managers Reception. Soup, Salad and drinks (including wine and two choices of local brewed beer). The property is well groomed and the hospitality is amazing. Our King room is like a mini studio apartment. The price is so affordable and worth every penny of it. YUP, this was a good choice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Gainesville I-75? Share your experiences!