“Final Leg of New England Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Naples, Florida
“Final Leg of New England Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Residence Inn Gainesville was the last leg of our return trip from our New England road trip. As always we are never let down by Residence Inn's. Very nice hotel, very clean and the staff was very courteous. The hotel was booked with a youth baseball tournament. The staff handled the busy and noisy lobby very well. We were pleasantly surprised that we did not hear the active young athletes at all. Even with all of the commotion the staff was attentive to the non-baseball guests. We would recommend this hotel and we would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have stayed here for more than a month, so I'm certain I can give a traveler's view of this facility. Everything is nice, but they are understaffed when the hotel is totally booked, like when championship boys softball came to Gainesville this summer. Imagine 150 screaming boys in your hotel who took over the lobby, swimming pool and ran up and down the hall banging on doors. There was no major management to put them in their place. When they checked out, calm resulmed for a while. The suite room is nice, comfortable for no more than 3, two adults and one child on the sleep sofa. The king bed sleeps well, but there is noise from the interstate that you will hear, even if placed at the back of the hotel. Breakfast is very good and nicely served - a bit above the standard fare that we've had at other facilities. The hotel is very clean, but for longtime residents, simple things like having an extra roll of toilet paper are not provided. I did get tired of having to go to the front desk to get an extra roll late at night. I did appreciate their role in recycling, providing bins in the room and around the pool area for cans and plastic. It is near many restaurants on Archer Road for those seeky nearby food. Most are recognizable chains.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is one of the nicer hotels if you are staying in Gainesville. Property is kept immaculate, (unless they have a ball team staying) and in general very satisfying. Wine and Beer is served Monday through Thursday, (unless the host is out sick, then you are out of luck) and a light dinner is served. Don't expect it to serve as dinner, or you will go hungry. Good for an appetizer before going out for dinner.Breakfast is satisfactory, and the staff does their best to keep up with the demand. I don't recommend getting the scrambled eggs...they are powdered with no taste. Other than that, they have oatmeal, cereal, and sausage. Fruit as well as the make your own waffles.

Now on to housekeeping. You are fine if you are only staying a day or two. But we stayed 2 months and never had our floors cleaned, or the toilet.scrubbed. Maids showed up around 5 when we were cooking dinner in our little kitchen, just hoping to give you new towels and that's it. I think we had our sheets changed 3 times in 2 months, and that was at my insistence..

The room kitchen was well equipped, and all in all, had a good visit. Very pet friendly. My main suggestion is to get the housekeeping staff up to par. Landscaping is fantastic. They have a hard time accommodating large groups. Don't seem to hire the staff to keep up with the demand.

If you are here for a short stay, and they don't have any baseball leagues staying, you will have a good visit. Just insist on a room on the opposite side of the highway or you will be counting trucks at night and not sheep!

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the highway or you will not be having a "silent night&qu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Initially had reservations at another Marriott property just a couple miles from here. Then I read reviews on Trip Advisor, booked a room here and cancelled the other one. That was one of the smartest choices ever !!! When checking in, the receptionist indicated we still had time to enjoy the Managers Reception. Soup, Salad and drinks (including wine and two choices of local brewed beer). The property is well groomed and the hospitality is amazing. Our King room is like a mini studio apartment. The price is so affordable and worth every penny of it. YUP, this was a good choice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

I found this Marriott on TA while in our 13th hour of travel last night! Very neat, clean, safe stop! We are so glad we kept driving till Gainsville now we only have 2 hours travel left to Clearwater, FL!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stay in this hotel often for business. The rooms are wonderful -- very spacious -- a sitting area, full kitchen (stovetop at least, not sure about oven), bedroom area, etc. The room is decorated beautifully, as if you are in someone's home. The breakfast and happy hour is nice. Happy hour serves beer from a local microbrewery (Swamphead) that is located behind the hotel. Plus, they have wine and they serve food which is not just finger food. The happy hour food can sometimes be your evening meal. The hotel has a nice outdoor gas grill and many tables. I saw people using the grill twice during my last stay. Since this hotel is next to the interstate, you may hear traffic noise depending on your room location. The air conditioning unit in my most recent room (on 5th floor) also made a lot of strange noises but it did not keep me up at night. I like how their room clock radios include a noise maker (ocean sound, wind chimes, etc.) -- this really helps me sleep at night.

Room Tip: To avoid traffic noise, stay on back side of hotel and/or on the right side of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

What a beautiful property. Very fresh and clean. Room is very well designed and comfortable. Breakfast is pretty much the same as other select service properties which means gluten free, dairy free, or healthy foods are not in abundance.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Gainesville I-75? Share your experiences!