I’ve been staying at the Residence Inn for over a month now, and I think it’s a nice hotel for a weekend or extended stay. I usually don’t give a detailed review of a hotel like this, but since I’ve been here for so long, I figure I might as well give everyone all the info…
Rooms are large as with any Residence Inn, these are fairly new so the décor is nice (I’m actually staying in the smaller of the two types of rooms). The room has a full kitchen (sink, fridge w/icemaker, microwave, & dishwasher) and hard wired and wifi internet (the wifi seems a little spotty at times, but overall it’s ok). The bed is comfy and the linens and pillows are fine. The only two small complaints about my room, when I first checked in I noticed my room had a slightly musty smell. I just bought an air freshener and all is well. Also, the shower drains a little slow…not a huge deal though. My room is quiet, except for when there are a lot of kids staying and running up and down the halls, but not the hotel’s fault who rents their rooms.
They offer a breakfast 7 days a week and an evening social (light dinner) 4 days a week. This is the biggest perk for this hotel. The breakfast buffet is large with both hot and cold items, and you can make your own waffles. The evening social is a light meal, but plenty of food for a dinner, and they offer complementary beer and wine as well. The lady who makes the food for the evening social takes a lot of pride in offering good food, and while everything may not be everyone’s taste, it is good. They also offer some nice touches for their guests: once a month they offer little perks for the guests on different evenings a BBQ rib night (which is excellent), 10 minute massages, trivia night, and the complementary beer they offer is from a local brewery.
Once again, all of the food is decent, some better than others, but all I have to say is…it’s FREE…if you don’t care for the food, get groceries and cook in your room, or visit one of the many restaurants on Archer Road.
Very convenient location…right next to I75 and on Archer, where there is plenty of shopping and restaurant options. Just a few minutes drive from UF.
Pool area is nice and clean and quite large with plenty of lounge chairs and tables if you like to eat outside. It also has a nice grill that the guests are welcome to use. Lobby is nice, and the business center is adequate with two computers and a printer that you can use for no extra charge. The gym isn’t the best…a couple of treadmills, an elliptical and a few free weights. The one time I went it seemed clean. If I was just here for a weekend I would suck it up and just use the elliptical, but since I’m here for 2 months I joined a local gym. The laundry room is clean and the machines are all in good condition $1 each to wash and dry. The hallways and common areas can get a little dirty sometimes when the hotel is full and there are a lot of kids and pets staying and tracking in dirt. They might try to clean the floors in the main hallways a little more often when the hotel is full, but this is a minor point…it’s not like I’m walking around the hotel barefoot anyway.
Front desk staff are young, probably UF students or recent graduates. They are all polite and helpful. That’s about all can say about them. Housekeeping is good for the most part, some are better than others, occasionally they forget to restock my toilet paper or something like that, but overall they keep the room clean, and frankly the little things you wouldn’t notice unless you were staying for several weeks.
Overall, good hotel, decent prices, and I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Gainesville.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Gainesville i-75 Hotel Gainesville
- Residence Inn Gainesville i-75 Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Gainesville by Marriott® hotel is located just 3 miles from the University of Florida including Heavener Football Complex and Ben Hill Griffin Complex as well as Shands at the University of Florida. Spacious extended stay suites include complimentary Internet, mini-fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary hot breakfast buffet, complimentary parking, pool, fitness center, meeting room, and outdoor patio with fire pit and BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Residence Inn Gainesville I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.