“Kanapaha Wedding in the Bamboo Garden” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 61 things to do in Gainesville
Activities: Birdwatching
More attraction details
Owner description: Herb and botanical garden displaying unusual plants from around the world.
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Kanapaha Wedding in the Bamboo Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I chose Kanapaha Botanical Gardens for our wedding on September 14, 2013. I would highly recommend this beautiful location. Everyone was awed by the bamboo cathedral area we chose for the ceremony. Their reception area and kitchen worked out great too for our large group of 120. They were very accommodating with special requests as well. We're so glad we picked this location!

florida
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My daughter chose Kanapaha Botanical Gardens for her wedding. It was last Saturday and the ceremony was held outside in the bamboo garden. Luckily the weather cooperated and there was no rain. The gardens are beautiful and all of the guests - around 130 - commented on how they loved the grounds. The reception was inside and the staff at the gardens were so helpful - let us do pretty much what my daughter wanted for decorating. They also allowed us to have a popular local band perform outside during the reception. Elizabeth is the person who helped us through this wonderful day and evening. I highly recommend Kanapaha!

Gainesville, FL
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful place to drift away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've never been to a botanical garden, so I have nothing to which I can compare this, but I enjoyed my time here thoroughly. I found it very soothing to walk through the gardens.

Visited October 2012
Lynchburg, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
“Amazing gardens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Extensive gardens, beautifully kept, with both paved and unpaved trails through them. It took me three hours to walk all the trails and I'm sure I missed some, and could have spent longer. The hummingbird garden and the swamp with the huge Victoria amazonas lily pads were my favorites.

Crystal River
33 attraction reviews
“Return Visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great trip. A lot of flowers were in bloom. We enjoyed taking pictures of the flowers and the butterflies. We were disappointed that the giant Water Platters were not larger. They were only about 4 ft instead of 6 ft like in their brochure.

Visited April 2013

Been to Kanapaha Botanical Gardens? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.