“Kanapaha Botanical Gardens” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Attractions in Gainesville
Type: Gardens, Outdoors
Activities: Birdwatching
More attraction details
Owner description: Herb and botanical garden displaying unusual plants from around the world.
Yukon
9 attraction reviews
“Kanapaha Botanical Gardens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My, what a great place to spend a pleasant afternoon. We visited in December 2012 and spent about three hours in the gardens. The bamboo stands are not to be missed. We have visited botanical gardens all over the place. This one ranks high on our list . Try to avoid driving into Gainsville and around the campus at lunchtime. Hard to find a place to park and the eateries are all full. Campus is gorgeous however, regardless of what State fans might say.

Visited December 2012

Gainesville, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
“A garden full of wonder.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I can't quite remember this place. I was 7 years old when I came to this place with my family. Taking peaceful walks and climbing rocks almost took a day to have fun. I also remember meeting my KG teacher there who was holding out a fun activity for every kid out there. My Mom picked blueberries (ripe and fresh), which we all ate for a leisure snack. I had a lot of fun out there.

Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Huge Collection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have visited this place twice and I still have not seen everything. It is amazing what can be accomplished on a limited budget. The gardens have a lot of volunteers that are very friendly. I decided to a membership because I want to go back at different times of the ear and see what is blooming.

When I was there some azealeas were blooming early. There were also camillias blooming. Beautiful!

Visited October 2012
Venice, FL
63 attraction reviews
“Needs volunteers!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This large botanical garden could be much better, but suffers from a lack of funds and staff. Its speciality is bamboo, but had lovely camellias in bloom, magnificient live oaks draped with spanish moss, and some interesting gardens, but all could use help. The gift shop has some really, really nice items and prices were very reasonable. If you live in Gainesville, please help this treasure along!

Visited December 2012
Archer, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Kanapaha Park in Gainesville, Fl.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

OMG!! When I went here with a friend, I only wanted to see about different bamboo selections as I had one area on my 5 areas that was open to outsiders. I wanted to plant bamboo to provide a natural screen to provide privacy. I had no idea this park included acres and acres of plant, and tree life in their natural settings carefully landscaped to include ponds, streams, other plants that would look great with bamboo, or anything you ever wanted to get an idea from!!! This place is so large at times I even had to sit down just to rest and gaze in wonder at all the work done to make this a a homeowners dream come true!! As a bonus professionals are at service to let you know the proper seasons to buy and expect your purchase to thrive in! I never would have thought this place was as fantastic as it is! Fantastic place for ideas, exercise, peaceful tranquility, children's paradise, Zen/ yoga paradise ( if u can find them lol!", etc. Defiantly a must place to add to your bucket list!!

Visited January 2012

Been to Kanapaha Botanical Gardens? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.