“Great breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Reitz Union Hotel - UF Campus

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gainesville
Reitz Union Hotel - UF Campus
Save Saved
You added Reitz Union Hotel - UF Campus to your Saves list
Museum Road at Reitz Union Drive, University of Florida Campus, Gainesville, FL 32611   |
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My colleague and I stayed here while visiting UF on business. Front of house staff were very helpful and we received a discount voucher for dining within the union. The room had a balcony meaning you could make the most of what the sunshine state does best. Room very clean and offered a nice variety of guest supplies. The complimentary breakfast was amazing and most tastes would be catered for.

The only minor (and it is a very minor) grumble was that there was some weird switching to the sockets to the room meaning if you switched the lights out she heading out, you couldn't charge things plugged into the sockets.

This hotel is a good All rounder and a great option if visiting University of Florida.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have stayed many times at the Reitz Union Hotel but this was the first time in a suite. (room 620). For $119 the extra space and wrap around balcony was well worth the upgrade. All other rooms were booked and I really think I will pay the additional fee on my next visit for the value recieved.
The Union is my first preference to stay in town because:
-on-campus
-staff
-view
-well managed and maintained by UF Office of Student Affairs
-very safe

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite if possible Standard rooms 507,607,515 and 615 have great views Call hotel dire...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nothing more convenient than staying here for a Campus visit. Other than that, no real reason to stay in this older hotel located in the middle of the student union building. Parking and access to the actual hotel area are both kind of annoying and convoluted. I was there on a special seminar rate but regular rate is a bit high in my opinion for an aging facility but again, you're paying for the convenience of being right in the heart of the University of Florida campus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the football field - great view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Starkville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We loved the following things:

- location on the campus!
- very helpful and friendly staff
- clean and quite spacious
- small alligators in a lake just behind the hotel

we would love:
- more restaurants/coffee shops that are open in the morning during weekends. we understand that students on campus sleep in and do not need coffee shops to be open but guests surely would love that!
- better breakfast - it was really basic - no fruit, not very good coffee etc

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was so happy with my first visit to the University of Florida greatly because of my hotel selection. The on campus hotel was outstanding in its location, comfort, and hospitality. The front desk clerks were most helpful upon check-in and throughout my stay. I was directed to sites and restaurants with enthusiasm. The student employees were anxious to be of assistance and were professional and knowledgable. My room was spacious, clean and equipped with all the necessary amenities. It was so nice to have a complimentary continental breakast set up on each floor so we could enjoy our breakfast in our room before departing for an activity. It was also convenient to be located in the student union building with a food court and many amenities without leaving the hotel. I would highly recommend the Reitz Union Hotel to anyone visiting or doing business in the area.

Room Tip: I think all rooms overlook the campus. No swimming pool at hotel -didn't know how to delete.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boynton Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Since this was my first trip in a while without my hubby as the navigator, I was a little nervous about finding my way around, parking, all the little things that make traveling stressful. Staying here at the Reitz Union in the middle of campus could not have been a better decision! The activities for my daughter were mostly in the building! I had some time to myself and enjoyed the balcony overlooking campus! The breakfast was a nice surprise and getting advice from Faye in the early morning to walk down and see the bathouses ended up being a highlight of my stay! It was a very relaxing trip. There were only two things missing in my opinion. There should be computer access for guests to be able to check their e-mail. I personally don't like to travel with my computer and most hotels do offer this service! I also think guests should have access to the fitness center on campus and while it sounds like there may be insurance issues, this should be addressed. Otherwise, everything was just great!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mocksville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The location was perfect and it was convenient to have places to eat in the building. I was there for my finals so I needed everything to be close at hand. The staff was wonderful. They provide a coffee maker in the room and I was cramming and needed more coffee and they came right up with several packs. The problem for me was the bed. It was very hard as well as the pillows. I had a lot of trouble sleeping and I really needed my rest. The room was clean but needs some updating. The shower takes a while to get hot so be patient. If you are visiting campus and do not plan to spend all of your time there then I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Reitz Union Hotel - UF Campus? Share your experiences!