“Staff are Angels, Hotel is Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Affiliate website
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #4 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Miami Shores, Florida, United States
“Staff are Angels, Hotel is Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My sister-in-law and I stayed here as a stop over during a road trip, when we both fell suddenly ill with a horrible stomach flu. The hotel staff were exceptional -- helpful, kind, and understanding. They provided us with extra towels and all the supplies we needed to make our stay as comfortable as possible, all of this in the middle of the night. We were so ill that we needed to stay an extra night and even in a sold out hotel they found a cancellation and moved us into a clean, comfortable room directly across the hall. We moved our bags, walking across the hall in our pj's and fell into bed. The maid checked on us, made sure we had everything we needed. Not to worry travelers -- the staff spent the entire day cleaning up our old room, even shampooing the carpets, while we rested in our clean comfortable room. Even if we hadn't needed all this extra help, I would have given this hotel 5 stars. Everything was new and fresh in our room and lobby. They had a nice breakfast with a really helpful young man who kept everything well stocked on the buffet. I've already booked our return stay over the Easter weekend so we can visit our grandkids, hopefully this time without getting a bug. My thanks and gratitude to the wonderful folks at the Sleep Inn -- you all are our angels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and quiet. The staff is very helpful, and the hotel is well-located. WiFi with printers adjacent to lobby. Reduced rates for UF parents. Exercise room with cardio equipment & coin laundry.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm a picky person. I've been to several hotels in Gainesville, Marriott, Hilton, Comfort Inn and many more. This hotel is the best deal you can get. For me the most important is the cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel. This hotel exceeded my expectations. For the first time in a while I was eager to leave a good tip. And last but not least the price includes an excellent breakfast with pancakes, scrambled eggs, cereal, fruit, sausage, yogurt and more. Free Internet access and fast. The customer service is outstanding. I Definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

It was our first stay at a Sleep Inn and found it very nice. Popcorn and cookies in the lobby at night and a hot breakfast the next morning. Fast check in with AARP discount. Huge bathroom and shower and comfortable King size bed. We'll stop at these motels again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect from a room that was under $100. I was very pleased. Rooms very clean. Staff super nice. No fear of creepy crawly things (which meant I didn't have to sleep with a light on!). Exercise room has no weights, only cardio equipment. Complimentary popcorn and cookies were a sweet treat. Above average continental breakfast was a bonus. Only reason I gave a 4 for the rooms was due to size and minor wear to carpets and torn lamp shades.

• Stayed February 2013
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel was booked mostly by a soccer group (we were not part of that group), yet the staff treated us as if we were the most important booking for the night. This may sound odd, but worth sharing; I arrived with car trouble, and when the manager, Bruce, heard of this, he offered to take a look. When it was clear that I needed a good repair shop, he connected me with the best place in town (Terry's Auto). Having that contact made the best out of a bad situation. He didn't need to do this, but I really appreciate him for extending the help when I needed it the most. As far as the hotel itself, I was not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised by both the excellent service from staff and the comfortable, clean, accommodations. I was most surprised at how comfortable the beds are--for the price, you can't go wrong. I usually stay at more expensive name-brand hotels, but I will certainly return to this property. Management clearly knows how to run a hotel. Thank you for an excellent stay - we look forward to our return!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, just request it directly with the hotel. They will do all possible to meet...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
largo,fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for a Soccer Tournament. The people who work here are the nicest most accomodating I have ever seen. The did not make us check out until we found out if we had won or lost our game on Sunday. And then they collected all of the girls uniforms and washed them for our Victory Game the next day! One parent left her keys at a nearby restaurant and they drove her there to get them. A whole team of girls and parents can be a bit loud in the lobby.. they let us use their breakfast room for a meeting. It was inexpensive, close to everything, very clean and the rooms are spacious for the cost and location (its a college town) Perfect!.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands? Share your experiences!