“Very Clean Sleep Inn and Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Click for Special Offer
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Fort Myers, Florida
“Very Clean Sleep Inn and Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This Sleep Inn is an excellent place to stay. The front desk staff is outstanding and friendly, the room was very clean, the mattresses were very comfortable, the breakfast was varied and fresh and all guests were given a friendly greeting by the young man in charge of the breakfast, and the parking lot has ample parking. My husband and I were very tired when we arrived and were cordially helped by Lacey and Bruce. We had a wonderful room on the 1st floor. The location of this Sleep Inn is right off I-75 but we didn't hear any traffic noises from the highway or the street. They also served cookies and popcorn as a snack for their guests. I am a tea drinker and there was a nice assortment of specialty teas. This is a great place to stay in Gainesville and I highly recommend this Sleep Inn! (The only thing I would recommend is that the Sleep Inn gets one or two more luggage carts. When we were there on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, some guests took the carts close to checkout time and held onto them for an hour. My husband was able to borrow a handtruck to carry our things to our car when we couldn't wait longer than 30 minutes to leave for our destination. Some guests have no consideration for others. When the Inn is very occupied, perhaps guests should have to sign out for a cart so carts' locations can be tracked.)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were here for 4 nights and the room was very clean, and staff was so friendly, always greeted us with a smile and hello. Breakfast was very good, bed very comfortable. We have stayed at
other hotels in Gainesville, this one has them all beat. Location is great, close to shopping,
restaurants, college. Our daughter lives in Gainesville and we know where we will staying
from now on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! The rooms and lobby areas were kept very clean and organized. The beds were very comfortable! The location was great for what we needed the room for! The breakfast was great with a lot of variety! The staff was very friendly and courteous! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel was very clean, great customer service, and the breakfest buffet was great...(It's Free) I wouldn't stay in any other hotel when visiting. I come to Gainsville often as I have my daughter attending school there. I have never stayed in a Sleep Inn before but deffinately will stay in one again...hope all are as nice as the one in Gainsville

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great price, very friendly staff. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds soft and comfortable. Breakfast was great, made friends with the food attendant, Stella. The gym is great if you like to work out on your vacation, wish it had been warm enough for the pool. The location is perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Will be returning in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at this Sleep Inn after spending the previous 4 night at 2 different Country Inn & Suites in different cities. The Sleep Inn was a definite step down and I would not choose this chain in the future. The bathroom and bed seemed clean but there was hair on the desk chair and the night table lamp, radio, etc. were covered with dust. When we initially entered the room the radio was blasting static. The breakfast buffet offered scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits which were good. The coffee was not good and they had 3 bowls full of non-dairy creamer. We had to ask the attendant to find us some real dairy product. My husband and I took the last 2 yogurts from the refrigerator so people after us had to search out the attendant to get more. The location of this hotel is convenient - right off I-75. It was quiet and there are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Wales, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Pros:
Cheap
Relatively new
Clean (carpets, furniture, bathroom, etc.)
Strong Wifi signal.

Cons:
Fitness Center is very limited. Stationary bike was not working, leaving only an eliptical and treadmill.
Breakfast was average to below average for a complimentary service. The hot items weren't too appealing and there no fresh fruit. But the toast and cereal were fine, and the waffles looked OK.
The TVs were low quality (no HD service).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands? Share your experiences!