“So glad we stopped to check availability!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Click for Special Offer
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Melbourne
“So glad we stopped to check availability!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

After stopping at 2:00 in the morning, we were greeted with friendly service in the
wee hours of the morning! What a pleasant surprise first to find out that there
was a room available and then to open the rom door to a very nicely appointed room
was such a relief! Our stay was great and although it was a short visit, I will always
check there first during my frequent trips to Gainesville!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

This Sleep Inn is a great place to stay when you are in Gainesville whether for business or pleasure. The staff goes to great lengths to ensure that you have the best possible experience. The rooms are clean and quiet, and the complimentary breakfast has both hot and cold items to choose from. Have stayed here several times and already have reservation for May 2012.

Room Tip: Stayed on second floor next to housekeeping which eliminated noise at night.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed one night at this location. Found hotel to be a great surprise , considering some of the other Choice Hotel Brands out there. Hotel is all non-smoking ! Yeah ! Wish they were all like that. My only personal complaint is the pillows. Choice properties still use the foam/poly pillows, which I hate. Not much else to say about it except we would stay here again the next time through and maybe bring my own pillow next time :)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

This hotel was above and beyond all expectations we had! When we booked the hotel we thought it was a cheaper but lower quality place. The rates were amazing but it was like staying in a high end hotel. The service was amazing, the room was up to date and clean and the location was perfect. The staff couldn't do enough to help you and were very polite and courteous. It was close to I-75, all restaurants and shopping. If you were going to the UF campus for anything it was also very easy to get there. The pool was a nice bonus as well. This was one of the best places I have ever stayed!

• Stayed April 2011
Bartow, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I can honestly say that this is the best hotel I ever stayed in. The staff was very courteous and offered to help me with anything I needed. My daughter was being moved by the Army and they cancelled my first day. The Manager was so kind and told me to come on in, and have breakfast and relax for the remainder of the day. My room was so nice and clean, and the breakfast buffet was so good. I worked out in the gym and swam in the pool. What a pleasure it was to stay at this Hotel and I would recommend this to any single person or family. The staff made me feel just like I was home and a part of their family.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

My daughter and I were very warmly greeted on arriving by Rae Ann. It was made clear to us at check in that the staff and management would do everything to ensure we were comfortable and satisfied with our stay.

They did not disappoint. The facility and rooms are extrememly clean, comfotable, and well kept. The location is great. The staff were exceptionally friendly with the biggest smiles and warmest greetings. The free breakfast is small but adequate and enjoyable with a young gentleman taking great care of all the guests.

With a daughter starting at University of Florida, we expect to be in Gainesville frequently. I already have my next two visits booked at this hotel. This has been our most comfortable stay at a great value in Gainesville.

Sun City Center, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

This Sleep Inn is awesome. The staff makes you feel right at home and the facility is great. And the breakfast choices go over and beyond most others.

Room Tip: Our handicap room was great.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands? Share your experiences!