“Beautiful, sandy white beaches!” 5 of 5 stars

Fort Walton Beach
Directions
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Tulsa, OK
“Beautiful, sandy white beaches!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Everytime I think about taking a vacation, I think about the sandy white beaches in the Florida panhandle. My grandparents used to stay in Fort Walton Beach for the winter when I was younger and we would visit periodically. I have been back several times since I have been an adult and I have never been disappointed. The beaches are absolutely beautiful. The condos that we have stayed in have been right on the beach and they have been perfect. There is plenty of shopping in Destin and restaurants are abundant. I have 3 younger children and they have had a great time as well. I would highly recomment the panhandle and especially Fort Walton Beach/ Destin.

Wooster,Ohio
“The best place in Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

This was a fabulous vacation. I have been a couple times now and can not wait to go back. The beach was beautiful white sand and crystal clean. The Condo and resort we stayed at was beautiful.....tons more than we imagined and had everything needed. I would reccomend anyone to go there. Tons of fishing and dolphin watching too. This was the best family beach i have been to in Florida.

Atlanta, Georgia
“BEaches of Fort Walton... soemthing for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

perfect vacation for anyone... there are white beaches, state parks and lots of out door activities AND restaurants, shops and bars. you can find the perfect place to stay for you and your pocketbook... there are camp grounds and grayton beach state park, large houses with pools, condos, B&Bs... you name it you can find it! It's the prefect place to get away form it all. Fall is out favorite time of year to go... the spring is nice too, but the water can be cold... summer is nice and hot! Hit Santa Rosa, Grayton, Destin, Rosemary... they all offer something a little different... go explore!

Jackson, Tennessee
“My favorite place in the U.S.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

What a wonderful place to unwind. The Waterscape Resort is one of the best places I have ever stayed. Friendly helpful staff, with clean accomodations, in a great location. What more could you ask for? This was our third year in a row. It will be a tradition.

Chicago
“Okaloosa Island - Fort Walton Beach 08/28-09/04”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed at the Blue Dolphin Condo, Unit 301. There were seven people in our group, five adults and two children. The condo was great. Two bedrooms, hall bunks for the kids and a pull-out couch. Living room and kitchen were large enough where we never felt crowded. All of the necessary accommodations were available in the unit to make it feel like home. The view from the balcony is exactly what we look for in our annual Emerald Coast vacation. Being on the west corner of the building, there was the added benefit of looking towards the west during the late afternoon hours to watch the sun change the sky different colors during sunset. The unit was rented directly through the owner and was represented accurately in the description and pictures.

We arrived on Saturday 08/28 and picked up the keys without issue from the rental agency and unpacked the cars during a downpour of rain. After settling in and a trip to the grocery store we relaxed on the balcony listening to the waves hitting the beach. Sunday was overcast with intermittent showers all day and the june grass was thick along the shore. After letting the kids build sand castles on the shore, we cleaned up and headed to Old Bay Steamer for dinner. Any of the Steamers for Two choices are always a hit with us. Sunday evening was the first time we were treated to a glimpse of the sun since arriving and gave us hope for Monday. Monday was spent at the beach as the rain moved off, but the clouds were present most of the day. The sun made an appearance or two throughout the day. Tuesday, the clouds dispersed, sun was shining and the june grass started to wash out. It made for a wonderful relaxing day where a picnic lunch was served on the beach. Wednesday we rented a pontoon from Boogies Watersports and spent the day at Crab Island. We had a blast playing catch, snorkeling, and eating ice cream from the ice cream boat in the area. Thursday and Friday were our best beach days where the flags were yellow, the june grass gone, and the water as clear as ever. A nice sandbar developed in front of the beach we stayed at that allowed for a 3 foot deep, 10 yards wide section of calm, clear water where everyone snorkeled, relaxed and rode some waves on the boogie boards. It was tough packing the beach gear up for the last time on Friday as we prepared for the trip back home. Our other dinner out was to McGuires in Destin where the smoked prime rib was a hit.

Even though the weather wasn't ideal during the first part of our stay, the weather during the latter part of the week more than made up for it. The temperatures ranged in the high 80's to low 90's during the day and low to mid 70's during the evenings. All in all it was a great trip and we look forward to returning again next year.

There were no signs of oil from the spill during our stay except for the occasional BP ATV's that would cruise the beach looking for something to clean up. I didn't see them stop once during out stay.

Been to Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!