“ok...for the money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Columbus, Georgia
“ok...for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel was OK for the money. It was the lowest priced hotel not too far from the strip. However, we will stay on the strip (DESTIN) next time because the traffic was horrendous trying to get back to the location to take our boat cruise...luckily we called ahead and made reservations; the staff told me how bad the traffic can get and we were prepared. The Fairway looked just like the pics online. The outside looked like it is being kept up and the rooms are OK inside. There is a mini-fridge in the room and the AC gets pretty cool. I really don't like my room being exposed to the direct outside, but that is usually how "inns" are set up. With that being said, I didn't feel completely safe, but that's just me. We absolutely LOVED the bed! To the point where on our last day we pulled back the sheets to see what kind of bed it was! Overall, the experience was good, we didn't spend much time in the room anyway...lastly, I will say the glass enclosed desk when you check in threw me off just a tad bit...I was curious to know why that was needed...hmmmm....and the "free" wifi is a joke, do not expect it to work your whole stay and expect the staff not to care that it doesn't work either...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Everything I read about this place on here is true. Both good and bad.

The rooms were very clean but not necessarily the most modern. The location is convenient to shopping and a few restaurants but the area seemed run down. The desk staff was nice until we asked to switch rooms. The price we were charged was different than what was quoted. The "pet friendly" spot was a fenced-in overgrown area in which to store trash.

Basically, if you just need a bed and a shower this is the place for you. If not, go elsewhere.

Travelers are raving about these Fort Walton Beach hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This place is horrible ... we get there to check in and the clerk is rude he gives us our room key ...we go to the room ...it's not even cleaned yet...then he blames me for it because I got there before check in time.. I called and asked what time is check in he told me 2.. I got there at 3... then he gives us another room.... well that room the ac was broken so I go back down there and say something to him and he is rude about it ... he then gives us another room... the keys didn't even work for the room.. so my 4th trip to the front desk I told.him just to give me my money back I was tired and I wanted to rest so I will find another hotel...he refused to give me my money back... he said if u canceled in can only get one night back so I might as well stay there for the night... I am beyond pissed off right ... and he just continues to be rude to me ... so we end up staying the night and the room is not that clean so I had to clean it up some myself... the room is muggy feeling and the bathroom floor is soaking wet.. we could never figure out why though...the ac barely worked it came on and off all night long... I will never be back here again ..I read a couple reviews before I booked and saw some good ones and some bad but I try to look past the bad ones and think maybe they have changed but no they have not one bit this place is nasty #!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Rebecca N
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I have to admit that I was hesitant upon booking after reading some of these reviews. For two nights we paid $244. In any other world I wouldn't have paid this for this particular establishment, but in the world of Ft. Walton/Destin where you can easily shell out $300 a night to stay at a Holiday Inn this was a bargain. Pros: large room, bamboo flooring, white linens, clean, comfortable beds, flatscreen tv with cable, fridge and microwave, hot shower, good water pressure, cold a/c. Cons: no coffee maker, super small bathroom, musky smell upon entering, no breakfast, outside entry. What I did not see was one bug - and trust me, after reading a couple of these reviews I was on the lookout. I think these people must've written out of spite over something because our room was perfectly clean and housekeeping did a fine job. I would definitely stay here again,

1 Thank blondi1517
rome
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Noisy room, bathroom indecent, very expensive for the service!
In front there is a seedy bar where people drink all night and you can not sleep.
Fort walton is a tourist place where you spend so much to do any work!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Roberto A
Oxford, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel was perfect for what I needed. The room was very clean and had been newly renovated. The Internet worked great. My biggest tip comes from another reviewer. If it's not a holiday, I recommend booking this hotel the day of as they gave me a much better rate then I could find online.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Megan R
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was ok but very overpriced for the holiday weekend. We booked two rooms and were charged different prices but had booked same room but they didn't have the cheaper room we had booked. Beds are comfortable and things were relatively clean. Make sure you have it in writing before you go or prices may change.