“BEWARE OF THIS PLACE!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Holiday Lodge & Suites
Holiday Lodge & Suites
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   209 Miracle Strip Pkwy, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #26 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“BEWARE OF THIS PLACE!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

TERRIBLE!!!! Room full of mold....a/c not working...no toilet paper....really?!?!?!?! No quality check....oh and party in the parking lot with unattended young children in the pool....obviously no security.

• Stayed April 2013

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Found this place last minute over Easter and spring break when prices where high and hotels were full.

Room was dated with 2 double beds, a fridge and microwave but was dirty. Mould on the walls, stains, towels were thin and dirty. Sheets were thin and comforter bally.

There was some noise from the main road but it didn't bother us and we were the closest room to it!

If your passing this way and need a cheap room check this place out and see if its changed.

The motel in under new management and the owners are very nice friendly people. At the time of stay they were renovating so things may get better.

No breakfast only coffee included at time of stay.

• Stayed March 2013
ft myers
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Room smelly, Air conditioner only worked on high sounding like a jet engine. Crowd of people partying in parking lot. Night check in person refused to refund our money & we did not even stay there. We looked at room & went back to office & it took 10 minutres to track her down. She was w/ group in parking lot. She yelled at us to get out when we asked for a refund. We called repeatedly the next 2 days & manager Dave Johan would not call us back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Lodge and Suites on our way back from Disneyworld. We decided to stop last minute in Fort Walton. We found Holiday and it was a good price since we just got back from Disney. Big mistake!!! Although the Receptioninst was very friendly the place was awful. The room was smelly, dirty, did not have enough towels and was just awful. There were people in the parking lot making noise all hours of the night. I heard a ton of noise so I looked out the window. Here come not one but 6 cops. I am guessing they must visit often. It turns out someone had tried to park their car in the palm tree right by our room. I have never feared for my life so much. It was either stay and maybe die in the room or risk leaving and die in the parking lot. I decided to stay since we already paid our money. Will never stay there again (or anywhere near it). My Husband is a typical stinky man and he even made the suggestion to stop at a store to get disenfectant spray for the room. Bathtub was dirty still. Lavatory and sink area had hair still on it. This place is just gross. Please do not stay here especially if you have young children like I do. There were some unfavorable characters in the pool while we were there and I had promised the kids we could go swimming at the pool before I saw it. I had to break my promise when I saw the party at the pool. Please pay the extra money and stay somewhere else. This place was not even worth it if it were free. I paid $100 for the night (yes, this is peak season) and it was not worth the two cents in the bottom of my purse.

Room Tip: no good rooms except at another hotel! Do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I had booked my room online arrived to find out my reservation was never made and they only had one room available. The room had issues all through out.. the curtains were falling off the walls , the room has no coffie makers like the site said. We only had two towels and half a roll of toilet paper also advised me they ran out of toilet paper untill the manager arrived. The manager avoided our complaints. I would stay away from this hotel

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012 via mobile

cheap hotel close to the beach ?you got it but beware . I spent many of nights in hole in the walls but this one takes the cake. Bring your lysol and pistol and you'll be just fine. Not a family hotel as I was scared for my 2 girls. Yearly visits to ft walton. This one is number 1 on not to stay.

Ps...did not see any hotel security.

• Stayed June 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

A lot of the reviews on here are rated as if somebody was murdered here. It's just your run of the mill motel. It was decently clean, with a fridge, tv, and microwave. The sheets were changed daily, but the mattress cover had a tendency to come undone, so bringing a fitted sheet might not be the worst idea. Within 20 mins. of the good beaches in Destin, and plenty of places to eat around the corner. The terrible reviews of this place on here just cement the fact that many of the people who use this site are just plain old spoiled. It's not a great hotel or anything, but it is worth the cheap prices that you pay to stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!