“The direct access to the beach was beyond amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin

You added Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Panama City, Florida
“The direct access to the beach was beyond amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

The staff were all very pleasant and friendly, and not in the cheesy way of being fake, they were really chill and down to earth. I absolutely Loved our Beachfront King Room! I requested a King bed, and understand there is no promise to that, but they met my request! I ordered a Honeymoon Package, which was very decently priced! The package included a Dozen chocolate covered strawberries, large bowl of whip cream, and a chilled bottle of bubbly. The room was perfect for two people, not to big and not too small. The balcony was just the right size as well. Honestly, the only downside to the entire experience with the property was how thin the walls are, which is understandable because it is an older property, but they do take pristine care of it. (You can hear everything in the halls) The positive aspect of the thin walls, was having a beachfront room, you can fall asleep to the relaxing sounds of waves crashing on the beach. Just takes your breathe away!

The next time I plan to stay in that area, there will be no where else to stay! I very highly recommend this property!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

This hotel was booked for me as I was in town for a seminar. It just so happened to coincide with spring break. Now I know most of you are thinking, "Wow, free vacation to FWB during spring break. JACKPOT!.", but keep in mind that I was here for business, which meant 6AM wakeups. That being said, my biggest issue with this hotel is the noise. Not from people partying, thats not the hotels fault. But everytime someone entered the hallway from the stairwell the door would slam behind them and shake my door. Speaking of my door. It had been kicked in several times before. You could see where the maintenance staff had repositioned the latch and where the frame had been repaired. The room next to me had been converted to a storage room for the cleaning staff, and they were using the balcony as a break area. The room existed in a state where it wasnt really dirty, but at the same time not really clean either. The food in the restaraunt was good and reaonably priced. The staff was courteous.

One last comment, and this is not the hotels fault. Be careful with your car in the parking lot. Mine got beat up pretty bad by party goers as the night clubs were shutting down. Thank god for "no matter what" insurance from the rental car company.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

When we returned from our trip my daughter discovered she had lost her Nintendo DS. We though it was in the house but finally decided to call the hotel. It was several weeks after our stay. I called housekeeping and they took down my information. Within an hour they called me back to say they had it. They sent it back to us and we received it within 4 days. I was very impressed with the care and concern of the housekeeping staff . I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

Wanted a hotel right on the beach, and chose Ramada..which I think I have only stayed in a Ramada twice before.

Went to check in and use Debit Card, and said card was declined. I knew that couldnt be, so went to their ATM in lobby, and could only take out $100. Went down the street to ATM and withdrew money with no problems whatsoever. Not sure why my card wouldnt work with their system.

Very limited parking! It was like playing parking roulette. One night, we didnt want to go back out to eat, because we had a good parking spot, and knew it would be gone before we got back, and would then have to hunt for a spot, or park in the parking garage next door.

We were on the second floor, overlooking the beach. Beautiful!! and worth the extra money. Sitting out on the balcony, watching the sun rise, listening to the quietness was wonderful. The courtyard was beautifully done. The pools/bar area was closed for off season.

It was cold (mid 40s at night/mid 60s during the day) and the doors to the hallway first floor was always open...making the hall way very cold. I would hate to have been on the first floor.

The room itself was average, and the bathroom small. The water pressure on the shower was just...odd. The water didnt splay out like a regular shower, it more liked streamed on you...and very hard at that. It did have a microwave and mini fridge. The (free) internet was fast and easy to connect to.

Room service was prompt (about 20 mins) and the food was good and plentiful. Breakfast was served buffet style, but, was extra...not 'free'. For all you can eat buffet (eggs/sausage/toast etc) and a Coke..the cost was $10 per person. You can also order from a menu.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
houston, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My fiancee and I stayed here Saturday though Tuesday at the end of September. The hotel has a lot to offer (pool bar, poolside restaurant, beach bar splash park, etc.) but we were somewhat disappointed that many of these are only open Friday and Saturday during the "off" season. Our room was nothing fancy, especially the bathroom, but it was clean and had a microwave and refrigerator which is always handy. The location is great, we could walk right out of our building and onto the beach and there are restaurants and bars a short walk down the beautful, stunning beach. All in all, it would be a great place to bring kids..

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

For our Anniversary the wife and I were told that September + this Ramada + this beach are the best time and place ever. That was no lie. We booked a Suite looking over the Gulf. Our suite and the entire hotel was our best rest vacation ever. The Resort was the cleanest and best kept up accommodations since a Disney Cruise Ship. The white sugar sand beach found us out there every day under an umbrella like a Corona beer commercial. The water was warm and clear. The Beach was next to private as one can get with warm ocean breeze and not one raid drop in our 7 days on the beach. Like Wow. The hotel had their grotto Pool with waterfalls and a swim up to bar. Totally cool. We were amazed at the many offerings for every age at this resort. Next door is a huge entertainment complex with restaurants and clubs. You can walk to them all. Who needs a car? You will find us back there every September.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Yield-ramadafwb_123, Management Representative at Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
Happy Anniversary, and thank you for choosing to celebrate your special occasion with us! We are so pleased that you and your wife had such a restful time on the beach and enjoyed both the local amenities and those on the property. September’s moderate temperatures and sunshine truly make it a wonderful month to visit the Emerald Coast. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you both next year!
Colorado Springs, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

I was booked into this hotel for several days as part of a business trip.
Let's start with the good:

Beach: You are located literally on the beach. Unfortunately, due to dangerous rip currents, the flag flying was usually red or yellow. Even if it was green, I'd be careful of the undertow, sharks, jellies and other creatures.

Professionalism of the Staff: All the staff were friendly, polite and courteous.

Cons:

Noise: The waterfalls run until about 10pm and there is constant noise. Even for a vacationing family, this would get loud. Air conditioners in the room constantly cycle on and off throughout the night and the walls are paper thin.

Cleanliness: Non-existent. Please check my photos for verification. Frankly, with this sort of tolerance for unsanitary conditions, I am surprised they are in business. Mold, nasty dust, disgusting showers--not to mention the condition of the hallways and elevators due to the college parties thrown here. Luggage racks are left outside, so who knows what you bring into your room/luggage when you wheel that in. I recommend carrying your bags.

I would never go back to this hotel if I had a choice. There are plenty of other similarly priced hotels that maintain higher standards in Ft. Walton/Destin area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Yield-ramadafwb_123, Management Representative at Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin, responded to this review, October 1, 2009
Thank you for your feedback, Herkdrvr. I apologize that the noise of the waterfall was a disturbance to you. It is kept running during the pool operating hours for the enjoyment of our guests. The cycling of the air conditioners is, unfortunately, a necessary evil in this hot and humid climate. I am very surprised by the lack of cleanliness you describe. We were mystery shopped by an independent company near the time of your stay and our housekeeping department scored perfect 100%! I do thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention so that we can continue to strive to make our property even better.

Been to Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin? Share your experiences!