“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Miracle Strip Pkwy SW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #29 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Defanitly given the options I had in fwb I gave this place a try its in a pretty good location bayside right past downtown so a little drive to the beach but not far but when I got their the pool was outta service and the rooms looked like something Dexter Morgan uses as a kill room lol place looked like it wasn't cleaned in months had no toliet paper half the lights didn't work but I will say after 1 night I refused to stay for the other 2 nights and the guy was super cool about canceling didn't charge me anything super nice guy !!! I would say drive a little past you will find way nicer hotels for about the se price

• Stayed July 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbia, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I booked our vacation with roadside America and got a great rate of $49.99 per night and they had a pool. They told me this was a 3 star hotel and beautiful property. They said by the pictures they were looking at it was a steal of a deal. I started researching and reading reviews and was shocked! It was nothing like it is advertised to be. They are false advertising! My husband assured me that it probably just was a standard room, nothing fancy. I still researched other hotels. To make a long story short, we never stayed there. I canceled my reservations. I called the Seebreeze inn and asked questions about their rooms and property. They were very rude! They did not want to offer any information. They said the pool was closed and they did not know when it would be back open. It's summer! What hotel has their pool closed in June! That's what made my mind up to cancel. I have children and I do not want them in nasty rooms. The pool was a must for us because of our budget. But that's ok, I found a room at Travelodge for a little more and I know it will be clean. If you decide to stay there with your family I would reconsider and read the reviews before you book.

• Stayed June 2013
Gulf Breeze, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

It's everything everyone said and more!!!!
The pool was green grimy.. the rooms were nasty and bed was made weird, clean sheets but questionable... holes in the tub! Burn marks on the headboard... the mattress was made of springs only....

Would not recommend this to ANYONE unless you are homeless and desperate...

Honestly i don't know how they are still open!

Room Tip: Try something else please.... there are several across the street and close by.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I read the reviews but needed a cheap place to stay in the area. This place really is as bad as everyone says. I was prepared and took a can of Lysol with me and sprayed the bed, shower, toilet, carpet, used the whole can. The door was stuck and I fell going into the room trying to force it open. No microwave or coffee pot, you could only get coffee from front desk which was locked up. The water never got hot. Had to leave the shower on for 10 minutes or more to get it to warm up a bit. Cigarette burns in the bedspread, had to beg for a roll of toilet paper from the maid.

Good location but a horrible place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Oh where do I start! We had to switch rooms a total of 5 times no joke. First room we checked we took all of our stuff out of the car and carried it in, we walked into the room there were no towels, wash clothes or soap. Behind the bathroom door there were clumps of human hair and in the tub it looked like someone poured pop out and left it, the room stunk of mildew, half the lights didnt work, the phone didnt work and the floor felt sticky and wet. I asked to speak with the manager and was told I could talk to him in the morning. It just gets worse. We had booked it for 2 nights and there was no way I was going to stay in that filth with my 8 month old baby. I went down to ask for a refund and was told I had been in the room longer then 15 min so I could no recieve a refund. Which I was really mad cause I had paid $88 forthe room. I was given another room and when I walked in it stunk so back I walked right back out and went back to the front desk to complain again. Keep in mind it is around 1 am by now, we were given a key to a 3rd room, we walked in and put all of our stuff down for a 3rd time and the drawers on the dresser were all off the runners and crammed in there, the room stunk worse then the second one and on top of the I sat on the bed and sat on the remote to the tv....which to me says the sheets had not been changed cause it was actually under all the sheets!!!! So by now Im really mad cause Im still refused a refund, my mom goes to the desk to get another key and the guys says we have never hadthis many complaints before so he walks her to a 4th room and he walks in an none of the lights worked so they went to the next room and same thing...no lights. Finally he walked into a room and the lights worked by now its 230am and daughter was so cranky my mom just told him we will stay in that room. Also keep in mind im still in the 3rd room getting all the luggage together I went to open the door and the handle litterally came off in my hand and I was locked in the room, I went to use the phone and it didnt work! I used my cell phone to call my mom to tell her to tell the guy to come let me out. I was stuck in the room for 10 min while I waited on him to get down there. I was not a happy person all by then!! We slept on top of the sheets that night and in the morning I woke up with bites on my ankels. We went down to check out and finally got to talk to the manager and when I complained to him he called me a liar and said he we had only been put in 2 rooms cause he could see it on the computer, I told him is this how you run a business, its filthy and discusting and we wanted a refund for the night before and he said he wouldnt do that. I told him I would be calling the better business bureau and all he had to say was do what you need to do. As we were walking out another guest was coming in and said to us I hope your stay was better then ours and we were like NO and he said he would NEVER stay here again. We went on to Destin, FL and ate at a Mcdonalds and were asked how we were doing so we told them lol and they asked well where did you stay, when we told them they looked at us like we were crazy and then one guy said thats where the ladies fo the night stay and where the guys do business. So that explains alot I thought.Thank you for reading my book haha but I wanted everyone to know how horrible our stay was. I sure wish I would have read the reviews on this motel before we stayed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

There is no way to truly describe this disgusting place. They lock the doors for their security and you talk to them thru glass. The room walls were filled with holes. The shower filled with mold. Toilet filled with hair & urine. Cigarette ashes all over the room. Door could not be secured. RESIDENTS! yes residents of the motel told us that is normal. No towels, toilet paper, or even phone are provided. This is a nasty hooker hourly rental, and should not be available to innocent bystanders looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tunica, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place is terrible. Service was horrible. Sheets did not fit the beds. no clothes rack. The staff here are rude. No microwave. I had some items on the counter and when i returned they were gone. Of course no one knew who stole them. You could actually sit and watch people sell and buy drugs. They would never clean the room. I will never stay at this dump again. I would rather fork out the money than thay at this place. This place should be set on fire.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seabreeze Inn? Share your experiences!