“OMG it was HORRIBLE please read all of my comment” 1 of 5 stars

Seabreeze Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Miracle Strip Pkwy SW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #29 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“OMG it was HORRIBLE please read all of my comment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Oh where do I start! We had to switch rooms a total of 5 times no joke. First room we checked we took all of our stuff out of the car and carried it in, we walked into the room there were no towels, wash clothes or soap. Behind the bathroom door there were clumps of human hair and in the tub it looked like someone poured pop out and left it, the room stunk of mildew, half the lights didnt work, the phone didnt work and the floor felt sticky and wet. I asked to speak with the manager and was told I could talk to him in the morning. It just gets worse. We had booked it for 2 nights and there was no way I was going to stay in that filth with my 8 month old baby. I went down to ask for a refund and was told I had been in the room longer then 15 min so I could no recieve a refund. Which I was really mad cause I had paid $88 forthe room. I was given another room and when I walked in it stunk so back I walked right back out and went back to the front desk to complain again. Keep in mind it is around 1 am by now, we were given a key to a 3rd room, we walked in and put all of our stuff down for a 3rd time and the drawers on the dresser were all off the runners and crammed in there, the room stunk worse then the second one and on top of the I sat on the bed and sat on the remote to the tv....which to me says the sheets had not been changed cause it was actually under all the sheets!!!! So by now Im really mad cause Im still refused a refund, my mom goes to the desk to get another key and the guys says we have never hadthis many complaints before so he walks her to a 4th room and he walks in an none of the lights worked so they went to the next room and same thing...no lights. Finally he walked into a room and the lights worked by now its 230am and daughter was so cranky my mom just told him we will stay in that room. Also keep in mind im still in the 3rd room getting all the luggage together I went to open the door and the handle litterally came off in my hand and I was locked in the room, I went to use the phone and it didnt work! I used my cell phone to call my mom to tell her to tell the guy to come let me out. I was stuck in the room for 10 min while I waited on him to get down there. I was not a happy person all by then!! We slept on top of the sheets that night and in the morning I woke up with bites on my ankels. We went down to check out and finally got to talk to the manager and when I complained to him he called me a liar and said he we had only been put in 2 rooms cause he could see it on the computer, I told him is this how you run a business, its filthy and discusting and we wanted a refund for the night before and he said he wouldnt do that. I told him I would be calling the better business bureau and all he had to say was do what you need to do. As we were walking out another guest was coming in and said to us I hope your stay was better then ours and we were like NO and he said he would NEVER stay here again. We went on to Destin, FL and ate at a Mcdonalds and were asked how we were doing so we told them lol and they asked well where did you stay, when we told them they looked at us like we were crazy and then one guy said thats where the ladies fo the night stay and where the guys do business. So that explains alot I thought.Thank you for reading my book haha but I wanted everyone to know how horrible our stay was. I sure wish I would have read the reviews on this motel before we stayed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

There is no way to truly describe this disgusting place. They lock the doors for their security and you talk to them thru glass. The room walls were filled with holes. The shower filled with mold. Toilet filled with hair & urine. Cigarette ashes all over the room. Door could not be secured. RESIDENTS! yes residents of the motel told us that is normal. No towels, toilet paper, or even phone are provided. This is a nasty hooker hourly rental, and should not be available to innocent bystanders looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tunica, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place is terrible. Service was horrible. Sheets did not fit the beds. no clothes rack. The staff here are rude. No microwave. I had some items on the counter and when i returned they were gone. Of course no one knew who stole them. You could actually sit and watch people sell and buy drugs. They would never clean the room. I will never stay at this dump again. I would rather fork out the money than thay at this place. This place should be set on fire.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Nasty, nasty, nasty! This says it all. First room bathroom toilet leaked and water had soaked into the carpet by the bed and the room smelled of mold. The toilet was not clean and had hairs on it. Yuck! The bed sheets had a dark stain on it not sure what that was. We asked for a different room and the same thing happened in that bathroom but we also had the pleasure of finding other occupants in the room, bugs. My daughter asked "Daddy, what kind of bug is this? " Holy crap it was a bed bug. We got the heck out of there and demanded our money back. He was hesitant about it but he finally did. Since that was the only place in town that had any rooms we slept in our van. The Blue Angels were in town so everything was booked.
If you stay at this place after reading this you deserve whatever comes home with you. Oh they change the prices as rooms become less available. We called and asked for a price and it was $79. We get there and hour later and it was $100. They even said the price fluctuates do to availability.

• Stayed July 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I booked for 3 days with advance payment, so I could not leave to stay at another place. There was no clock, radio, or coffeemaker, as advertised. The place smelled like...I don't even know what. There is no mattress pad, only threadbare sheets. There were kick marks all over the walls. A large hole on the ceiling over the doorway had pieces hanging down; one fell on my head. There is a guy who knocks multiple times during the day, wanting dirty towels. The cleaning lady is sweet, but she cannot make up for this old, poorly maintained place. The tub was disgusting. The health department needs to visit this place. There were scary looking guys hanging around. Never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in! We booked for 3 days. Arrived late at night to water all over the bathroom toilet from the toilet leaking. The next morning it was all over the carpet. Bathroom counter and shelf was falling off the wall. There was urine all over the toilet seat. Filthy walls and doors. 30% of the tile in the shower was missing. The ones that were there had black mildew in between them. The old light fixture had been replaced in the restroom with a fluorescent light, apparently b/c the hotel was tired of replacing the light bulbs that meth heads use to smoke crystal meth out of. The front door did not open and close without a struggle. I can't believe there were families there with their children, as I would never have my kids in a place that needed to be condemned. Do not stay here it's horrible!!

• Stayed June 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My brother booked a room here last minute to crash after the Billy Bowlegs boat party. Never again. The litany of complaints we had for the room is so large it’s almost beyond belief. Here are the highlights: Toilet was clogged from use by the last tenant and management refused to fix it. There was no cold water for the shower (that’s right, cold water, we were forced to take burning hot showers). There were only two towels for the room. Management said they were out of extra towels. There were no toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc). The toilet in the lobby had no soap or paper towels (they were out of those too). The lamps didn’t have switches and had to be unplugged to turn them off. The ceiling paint was bubbling from water damage and flaking onto the floor and bedding. The beds were rock hard and not comfortable at all. There was dried blood on the sidewalk outside the door(!) Only the TV and air conditioner worked as expected. On top of all this, the room cost $160 for one night.

This hotel provided the singular worst experience I’ve ever had. I hope for sake of everyone planning to stay in or around Ft Walton Bch they are leveled by a bulldozer or tornado, whichever would be faster.

Note - the photo associated with this location is a stock image. The actual motel looks like a dilapidated nightmare.

Room Tip: Rm 124 is a disaster, if the rest are held to this standard, God help you if you choose to stay here...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Seabreeze Inn? Share your experiences!