“Nice place, good price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   573 Santa Rosa Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 (Formerly Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
elsi19
“Nice place, good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn. The room was nice with a mini-fridge and microwave. The king bed was HUGE! I had a couple of friends come down for the weekend and we all three slept comfortably in it. Only thing that was a little disappointing was the water pressure in the shower...it was lacking. The beach access and free beach chairs were great. I also enjoyed spending time in the pools, playing basketball and listening to some great tunes at one and swimming some laps in the other. I took advantage of the free movie rental one rainy night and was glad that was an option. Enjoyed my stay and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Dear our valued guest;

We want to say thank you for your patronage, and the time you took to share your experiences with us and other guests via the internet. We deeply appreciate it. Your feedback is so valuable to us that we already implemented procedures to monitor our water pressure in each room..

Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

This year is the 4th year we have been here. The accommodations and staff are always wonderful. The weather was excellent and the beach and waters were absolutely gorgeous. We snorkeled and saw MANY different species of fish and even some rays. Watching the dolphins jumping off shore was an extra treat. The beach service was a bonus. Nice, courteous, and hard working guys.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear our valued guest;

I would like to seize this moment to let you know we appreciate your business very much, and the time you took to share your wonderful experiences with other repeat or future guests of our hotel. Also, Thank you for being to us!

St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

This was our first visit to the Emerald Coast (or Redneck Riviera, whichever you prefer), so it was difficult to decide on the fly where to stay. We didn't commit in advance because we didn't know anything about the area.

After calling a variety of the condos and hotels from their parking lots to get rate info, we finally settled on the Holiday Inn Resort at Ft. Walton Beach, which was competitively prices, but not cheap. While we generally prefer a condo type experience with a kitchen and separate bedroom when visiting the beach, this hotel was fine for our first visit.

The rooms are a little small and could use some updating, but they're in decent enough shape and are clean. The staff members are friendly and ladies, bonus, there are guys that look like escaped Abercrombie models who handle the complimentary beach chairs and umbrellas for you.

When you check in, be sure to talk with the front desk staff about walk-in rates and upgrades. I heard a fellow in line next to me getting upgraded from a gulf-view room to a beach room for the same price, which was lower than mine. So, give it a try to see what happens.

I think they should add a complimentary Continental breakfast to help increase the family value of the property, but that's my only real complaint. The Wi-Fi worked, which is always a plus.

The swimming situation is nice because there are two good-sized pools. One seems to be used for family activities, afternoon bingo games and occasional "Dive-In Movies" -- big screen set up at the end of the pool and you can watch from the water or a deck chair. Cute. That pool offers a slide for the kids, basketball hoops, etc. The second pool is quieter and we found mostly adults in it, so that was nice for us. We were often the only people in that pool. Another bonus. (I do agree with previous reviewers that it might be irritating to hear the music at the pools constantly if you were planning to nap during the day or turn in early.)

A quick word about the beach and water -- flawless. The sand is white, the water is emerald green and clear as glass. We saw plenty of fish, rays, etc., so the ecosystem seems very healthy. Not a great area for shelling. For that you'd want to go to the barrier islands off Sarasota or Ft. Myers, but they're 800 miles farther south.

The hotel is located on Okaloosa Island so it is near things to do, but at the same time, there's no carnival atmosphere in your face. I would visit again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear our valued guest;

Thank you for having chosen our hotel among all the choices that you had. We profoundly appreciate your business. We cannot wait to see you again. We would also like you to be aware that our suites have a full kitchen in case you want one in the future; we have implemented new procedures to lower the music by the pool at certain time.

We value your feedback; and thanks again!
long island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

The folks at the front desk were very nice which is why I would give this place any stars at all. We stopped at about 1 PM. They said they would have a room for us but we'd have to wait until check in at 4PM. They promised to call us which they eventually did. I stressed I was interested in a quiet room with a gulf view where we could relax. We were given a room overlooking the pool where they blast music all day. When we asked about the loud music we were told it goes on until 10 at night and if we had concerns we could call the pool and ask them if they could lower the volume. The music continued until at least 11. It was so loud that we could not use the balcony at all. The room was "tired" which I guess you can expect from a beachfront family place but it smelled of smoke even though the place is supposedly smoke free. We were given "complementary" access to beach chairs but only from check in 4PM until 5PM when they are picked up. We were not impressed with this place at all. The beach was beautiful but with so much to choose from on the gulf coast right now I would go elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear our valued guest;

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your faminly members and you. Also, Thanks for taking time to share your experience with us! Your feedback is very important to us. On the other hand, We would like to aplogize for not having met your request. We wish you would give us another chance to make it right, next time. Simply, call and ask to speak to the General Manager to ensure your requests are met as promised. We will do our best to respond your travel needs. We have implemented new procedures to lower the music at certain time. Furthermore, we just finished putting new furniture in our suites. During the winter, we will do the same in our beach front rooms.. Please , give us another chance to restore the experience you have expected from us.

Thanks again!
houston, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Vacationed there back in July of 2009, with my 13 yr old daughter and 60 something mom. We stayed in a room with (2) queen beds, the room was clean, beds were very comforty w/ nice pillows. Great water pressure in the shower. I can't remember what building we stayed in but we were on the 5th or 6th floor over looking the main pool and had a great view of the beach and ocean. The main pool (w/water slide) is very nice and the beach area is beautiful. The front desk employees were pleasant. The food at the pool side and the main restaurant was average, but pricey. Mixed drinks at the pool side bar is very expensive, weak and small (8ozs plastic cups)! Hotel offered free DVD movie rentals, beach umbrellas/chairs, and free use of bicycles. There are several gifts shops and a few restaurants just a mile from the hotel. Overall we had a wonderful experience and would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Dear our valued guest;

We are glad that your family members and you had some wornderful experiences at the Holiday Resort, Fort Walton Beach, FL. We would like to thank you for the business and the time you took to share your stay experiences with us and all other guests via the internet. We cannot wait to see you again. Have a great day!

MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

I was not in the main building. I was in the building overlooking the pool and the beach. My room smelt like the pool, but that didn't bother me much. My colleague who stopped by mentioned this, but it had no effect on me. I wasn't too keen on the music going on until approximately 9pm. But I still managed to fall asleep at the desired time. The staff is good, beach is beautiful, wireless internet worked, and the dvd rental is a nice to have. I was expecting HBO, but I guess that isn't standard with all HI's. I slept really well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Dear Our Valued Guest;

Thanks for taking time to give us your feedback on your stay at the Holiday Inn Resort! We appreciate and value your comments. We would like to share with you, that we have taken some measures to deal with the mentioned issues. Upon receiving your survey, we already instructed our staff to lower the volume of the radio at 8:00 PM while working on a plan to fix the other ones.

Thanks again for your business and the feeback!
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

My family and I stayed at HIFWB at the end of June 2010. We arrived a few days before my wedding and were pleasantly met by the front desk staff members. My dad was able to upgrade for free, and our suite was beautiful. The full-size fridge came in very handy as well as the sink area so we could eat in! Although we didn't use the stovetop, it was great to have as well. Our rooms were thoroughly cleaned, even when I came in for a mid-afternoon nap! There was no problem requesting additional towels. The view from the suite was spectacular - overlooking the rock slide pool and just high enough to see the ocean!

Our wedding was on the beach of the resort, and everyone was MORE than accommodating - everyone from Angie in Sales to Jessica in catering to the folks at the tiki bar! Everyone seemed to know I was the bride-to-be! My husband and I were upgraded for free, without even having asked to do so, and our entire stay was enjoyable.

All of our guests loved the hotel... we loved having 2 pools so that my husband and I could avoid seeing each other before the wedding. There were always plenty of chairs available and the pools were so clean.

I cannot say enough about the way our wedding and reception flowed so smoothly and perfectly. Jessica Young is by far the best coordinator I have ever come in contact with. She consistently went above and beyond what might be in her job description to assist me in finding local vendors, cleaners, etc. Angie also did the same in suggesting local spas and other services for me and my guests. The food at our reception was a big hit - we are still getting compliments on it!

My husband and I definitely plan to return (hopefully sooner rather than later) and make FWB a regular vacation spot - even if only for a long weekend. Holiday Inn was one of the friendliest hotels we've stayed at and you can't be the location - right on the white sandy beach and emerald green waters!

I would highly recommend this spot as a destination wedding location and hands-down say you will not find a better place to host your reception or other event!

Thank you Jessica, Angie, and all of the Holiday Inn staff!

• Stayed June 2010
Dear Our Valued Guest;

We appreciate that you took time from your busy week to share your wonderful experiences with us and other guests. We would also like to thank yfor choosing ou our hotel to host your wedding ceremony. We wish you and your husband the best. It was our pleasure to provide you the superior which your husband and you deserved. Your feedback gives us more enthusiasm to work harder day -in, day-out to continue satisfying all our guests.

Thanks again for the business and your time!

Been to Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!