WE chose this hotel for two reasons, beach access and it had a room big enough for 8 people
to stay together. Our room was clean but dated, but more like in the process of being updated. The view was absolutely perfect! We had the two bedroom penthouse, two full baths, full kitchen, 1 king, 2 queens and a queen fold out sofa bed. The queen mattresses seem newer, firm.but the king mattress felt like it had a sink hole in the middle so had to sleep on the edges. I did tell the front desk, so hopefully they will get a new mattress. We just needed the room for 1 night. The front desk was very professional, very courteous and very graciously gave us a 1pm check out for the next day. My granddaughter LOVED the pool, the beach was very accessible and the TWO balconies gave our group good access to enjoying the view and the sounds of the ocean. As a travel professional I would recommend this hotel for families on a budget for a great beach access weekend or short stay. There are several fast food dining options near by. Don't expect luxury, but all in all a good value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Wyndham, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn