My husband and I booked a king suite-ocean view for two nights at the end of June. Wyndham hotel web site stated that check in was 4pm. We arrived by 3pm to check in and were told that they had a room with two doubles with an ocean view, or a king with no ocean view. She offered a 20% discount per night for our inconvenience. I pulled out my confirmation #, talked to the Manager on duty, asked what they were going to do... And the very nice front desk staff said they were sorry. I asked what I should do in the future and was told to call the hotel directly to confirm! Really??? Wow. We took the Two doubles with the view and told them to let us know when our desired room would be available on the next day. While sitting on the beach the next day, we chatted with a man who comes to this hotel once a month. He told us that this hotel overbooks by 14 rooms each night! I guess we were lucky to even get a room. As they told us they would, we did get a phone call the next morning stating that our original room type would be ready later that day. We ended up moving rooms, and it was work moving our belongings between buildings, waiting on slow elevators, and in the humidity- but we didi it. I would suggest calling to confirm to make certain that you get what you have reserved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn