“Nice upgrades since it was a HI resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   573 Santa Rosa Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 (Formerly Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #9 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Nice upgrades since it was a HI resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel was recently purchased from HI and some nice and needed upgrades are underway. We were upgraded to a newly renovated room (appropriate for the price) that was a suite with a great view. All flooring and furnishings were new. Everything was in working order and clean. The suites have a full kitchen and nice size balcony.
Hotel has 2 large pools and easy access to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
WyndhamGardenFwb, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Wyndham Garden. We were excited for your return to your property and pleased our amenities were to you liking. Indeed, we are currently in the process of renovation for rooms and features . Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you once again in the future.

Kind Regards,

532 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Wyndham Garden in Fort Walton beach and was very disappointed by the rudeness of hotel staff, the cleanliness of the suite, comfort, and overall customer service. The hotel turns the air conditioning off to all rooms. When asked to turn it on the reply was "no one else has complained" A hotel room that is 85 degrees is not comfortable. And it stayed that way for all 3 days of our stay. We were unable to enjoy the sounds of the waves and the peacefulness of being on the beach due to the blaring music by the pool that plays 24 hours a day; which also interrupted our sleep. We complained that the music was to loud and once again we got the same response "no one else has complained. And the volume of music was never turned down. The blow drier in the bathroom did not work , nor did the microwave. We have been vacationing in the Destin Fort Walton Beach area for over 30 years and this was by far the worse experience ever! We will definitely continue to vacation in the area but not at the Wyndham Garden!

Room Tip: The rooms in Building B have an excellent view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Ms. Ginger;

Beside my reply to your e-mail, I would like to publicly apologize for the inconvenience, which you were subject to while you stayed with us. On the other hand, I would like to thank you for having taken time to share your feedback with me. It is very valuable to me and my staff. I would like to address your concerns as follows: First, It is true that our suites are on central unit system. This becomes only an issue when the outside temperature varies. I would like to clarify that the thermostat simply controls off and on position, not the degree. Nonetheless, each of our standard rooms has its own heating and cooling system. Next time, I will ensure that we present you both options.

Secondly, I already reiterate to the maintenance team, based on your feedback, to turn off the pool radio by 7:00 PM. Furthermore, I evaluated the amenities and the service issues with each department by taking immediate actions to rectify them and to avoid any re-occurrence..

Third, our culture is embedded in the spirit of providing great quality of service to our guests through our ambassadors, our staff. Our ultimate goal is to create the reality that our guests have expected during and after reservations are booked until check-out. For, we have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to employees’ rudeness. Numerous positive surveys in this site underline our passion for delivering great guest' service. Ms. Ginger,
Please help me identify any staff member who was being rude to you; so, I can take disciplinary actions immediately. I value your business and appreciate your feedback as it provides my team and myself a training tool toward the continued improvement of our guest' satisfaction.

Ms. Ginger, Based on your scenario, we failed our culture and your expectations. Thus, I would please ask you to give me a call at 850-244-8686, so we can discuss this further.. I hope you will not let these isolated incidents deter you from coming back to experience the corrective actions taken..

I am looking forwarding to hearing from you..

Best regards,

Been to Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!