We spent 3 nights at the Wyndham Garden in Fort Walton beach and was very disappointed by the rudeness of hotel staff, the cleanliness of the suite, comfort, and overall customer service. The hotel turns the air conditioning off to all rooms. When asked to turn it on the reply was "no one else has complained" A hotel room that is 85 degrees is not comfortable. And it stayed that way for all 3 days of our stay. We were unable to enjoy the sounds of the waves and the peacefulness of being on the beach due to the blaring music by the pool that plays 24 hours a day; which also interrupted our sleep. We complained that the music was to loud and once again we got the same response "no one else has complained. And the volume of music was never turned down. The blow drier in the bathroom did not work , nor did the microwave. We have been vacationing in the Destin Fort Walton Beach area for over 30 years and this was by far the worse experience ever! We will definitely continue to vacation in the area but not at the Wyndham Garden!
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Fort Walton Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Fort Walton Beach
#6 Family Hotel in Fort Walton Beach
Price Range (Based on Average Rates):
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin 3*
Number of rooms: 195
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn