“Very Pleased” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   573 Santa Rosa Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 (Formerly Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
lester, al
“Very Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were hesitant about this stay because of some of the reviews I had read, but went with it and were glad we did. Our rooms were very nice as was the hotel staff. We originally were on first floor but quickly asked to change to second floor and they accomodated us in minutes. We liked 2 pools and other facilities offered by hotel. We definitely are planning to book there next year but with request to be on 4th floor :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed in the "Penthouse" but this is not penthouse quality. First the beds are outdated and hard as the floor. I woke up with a bad shoulder pain! The full size kitchen, was small and falling apart. The bathrooms wow tight squeeze, falling apart, and out dated. The hallways and elevators tight falling apart. The best part was the view and service but boy it really needs TLC.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Pattigaura,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the condition of your room. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are old and dingy. Gulf front room was on 3rd floor and crappy view of ocean. Needs updated. Had to ask for towels, maids never came to room unless I called front desk. Put towels outside door, maids took and never brought new??? Shower leaked out on floor. Would never stay again, definitely not worth the price. Front desk friendly, but needs updated

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Missy H,

Thank you for the review of your stay. We are sorry to hear our staff services did not meet your expectations. We will review with the staff to avoid similar situations in the future. Please accept my apology on this issue. We hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for three nights and was disappointed starting with my checkin. I am a Priority Club Platinum member I was expecting to be upgraded to one of the better located rooms but was given a studio with a partial ocean view with a balcony in Building B that was blocked in part by another building. I inquired at my checkin if would it be possible to be upgraded to an oceanfront suite or I would be willing to pay additional and an employee named Danny said rudely that I was already being upgraded. The studio room was small for two people, bathroom the size of a closet, loud refrigerator and the outside A/C unit located four floors down was howling through the door. The outside A/C unit was so loud that we could not sleep. The next morning I called the front desk and spoke to the manager Danielle and she upgraded me to an oceanfront suite in another building. We found this room to be nice, great oceanfront location with a nice balcony. The large outside A/C unit located six floors down for this building was still loud and could be heard in this room but at least it was tolerable. The inside room A/C unit cannot be adjusted up so you either have to keep it on at the preset temp or turn it off. When I checked out, the front desk person could not of been more unprofessional. No thank you, no smile.

The positives of this motel are the location on the beach, the restaurant and bar. Free beach chairs and umbrellas are a nice touch and so are the unlimited free DVD movies. They also have 2 nice pools which are out of the wind for the most part. The negatives are some rude and unprofessional front desk personnel, bad recognition of Priority Club member's status, loud outside A/C units, preset room A/C controller, maintenance issues and very slow elevators. As a person who travels a lot and who is also a member of Marriott's rewards program, I am use to automatic upgrades to suites on every stay. If you are going to stay at this Holiday Inn, I would recommend asking for a room that is located far away from the huge outside A/C units in front of each motel building. These units are extremely loud and will be heard in your room non-stop. On a scale from 1 to 10, ten being highest, I would rate this property a 6.

Room Tip: Rooms facing ocean have less outside A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Jim N,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the air conditioning and staff issues you experienced. We understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that these concerns will be looked into. Again, we do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at this motel in August 2013 and it is the noisiest motel we have ever stayed in. The Holiday Inn is old but well kept and has large A/C units on the ground in front of each of the motel buildings surrounded by walls to obviously try to muffle the sound. The problem is the sound from these huge units travels straight up and reverberates into the rooms sounding like a constant wind storm. We had a oceanfront suite on the 6th floor and the sound just echoed down the hallway making sleeping near impossible. I can't imagine how loud the sound would be in the rooms near Santa Rosa Blvd. would be. I now know why they gave you unlimited free movie rentals, to give you something to do while you cannot sleep. We would never stay there again even if the rooms were free.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the ocean as far as you can away from the sound of the huge A/C units on the g...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear WearySandy,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the inconvenience the noise issues you have encountered during your stay with us may have caused. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
prescott valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is directly on the beach and has plenty of chairs and umbrellas. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a free DVD (similar to REDBOX) everyday which was great for down time. Didn't use the restaurant on site....lots of places to explore that are not too far, Helen Back cafe is on Okaloosa Island (great pizza). We chose this hotel because it is about 10-15 minutes from Hurlburt Field and about 20 minutes to Destin. The housekeeping is a little late in the day for my taste....but they were always pleasant and accommodating! I would stay there again!

Room Tip: The higher your floor the better the view....we were on the 5th floor and had a corner room. We were...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Very nice beach location. Rooms were nice but lots of maintenance issues such as drawers falling out of cabinets, torn shower curtain, and sharp weather stripping sticking from doorway. Two rooms had problems with tubs leaking water into bathroom or bedroom when shower is used.Told desk clerk, who did not seem to care. Also, no response from Holiday Inn customer service and did not get a customer satisfaction survey.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear MikePsy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. Our goal is deliver exceptional service to all of our guest. I am sorry that not everything measured up to your expectations particularly with the maintenance service and amenities encountered. I can assure you that these issues will be addressed. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Been to Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!