We chose this hotel for a 1-night stay in Fort Walton because it is right on the beach. I accidentally made a double reservation, both at non-refundable rates, but the manager was very kind and did not charge us for one of them after I explained.
We stayed in a gulf-front room with a king-size bed. Very comfortable, well-furnished. The only problem I had with the room was a persistent smell of air freshener. We opened the front and back door to try to air it out, but it was still there. Not a big problem though.
If you book "gulf-front", you probably want to ask where the room will be. Ours actually overlooked the swimming pool rather than the beach, though we could see the water beyond the pool. That was disappointing. They also played music by the pool from 7AM to 10 PM (or perhaps later). I had hoped to just hear the lapping of the waves. My guess is that this hotel is more for younger people who want a party atmosphere? Next time we'll stay somewhere else.
The staff were very helpful and courteous.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island CafÃ© specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our "Movies by the Pool" deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as one of our pools becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.