I wish there was a rate between 3 and 4. Anyway the hotel is Good and it suited our needs exactly. Nice King Bed room with a balcony view of the gulf. The rub is presently they are remodeling. This is going on in lobby area of "B" building and there is somewhat a big hub-bub in front of the main door. After you've checked in you can leave all that behind. We stayed in "C" building. It appears a little tired but considering the pounding they must take from the seasonal tourists, I'd be tired too. The room was clean. The bed was very good. No complaint. I've noted some reviewers think the hotel is somewhat "off the beaten path", Well I'm seeing that as a big plus. It is a mile down the beach from US 98 on Santa Rosa Avenue.You leave behind the busy traffic, the omnipresent police cars, fire trucks and ambulance sirens that whiz by on US 98. With one main road out there on Okaloosa, count me for enjoying being off the beaten path. We'll be waiting and hoping for next year in November.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn