“Nice Hotel and Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach

You added Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   573 Santa Rosa Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 (Formerly Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Indianapolis, IN
“Nice Hotel and Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed for a few nights in late October 2012.Absolutely no complaints, smooth and quick check in, great service, and clean rooms.They gave us a studio suite with a small kitchenette. The room was a little dated, but it served us well. The pools were heated and kept well stocked with towels. The beach is amazing, chairs are available at no cost. This is the perfect hotel if you are looking for a low-key, family vacation. We will be back next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Our Valued Guest;

We would like to thank you for your business, and the time which you took to fill in this urvey for us. We are delighted to know that we have exceeded your expectations. We also appreciate the efforts you made to tell other guests about the features and amenties, which our property has to offer. On the other hand, we would like to make you aware that we are refreshing our guest rooms, lobby and the restaurant. You will experience a differet atmosphere when you come back at our hotel for your next vacation.

We are looking forward to seeing again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visit this hotel ever year. The staff is great and it has the best view and beaches ever. I wish I could pack up and move to this hotel. It has two pools one with a tiki bar. The hotel gives you access to a beach umbrella and two beach chairs. You can purchase more from the beach boy if need be. I cant wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Of couse the beach side view is wonderful
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Our Valued Guest;

We thank you for having chosen to stay with us every year. We really appreciate your patronage and the love that you have for our hotel. We are honored to know that the enjoyment of our service and product have exceeded your expectations. Your feedback is very invaluable to us; and it is well considered in the efforts to daily motivate our team toward the delivery of excellent service to all our guests.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

California, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I'm staying at this hotel right now and just had a wonderful experience! I'm not feeling great today, so I decided to put the "do not disturb" sign on the door and just spend some time watching tv while relaxing in bed (it's pretty windy/chilly today, so it's not like I'd be missing much outside anyways!). I've stayed at so many hotels, and usually the "do not disturb" sign means waiting until the next day for fresh towels, etc., but the housekeeper just called the room to make sure there wasn't anything I needed! It was such a pleasant surprise that I couldn't wait to write a review! Everyone else has been absolutely wonderful so far as well. I have to say that the coffee in the lobby was fantastic compared to most other hotels I've stayed at. My only complaint is that there isn't a complimentary breakfast at this hotel (it would've been really nice to have that this morning since I don't feel well enough to go find a restaurant), but my rating of this place isn't going to reflect that since the hotel did not advertise having breakfast.

Room Tip: Room 423 has a bunkbed, as well as a king sized bed. If you have kids, they will absolutely love it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Our Valued Guest;;

We thank you for giving us your feedback while still being here at the property. Your feedback has been unprecedented. You are the first one who ever filled out a survey that way. We would like you to know that we are very appreciative of your business and the time which you spent to write us such a wonderful survey.

Additionally, we want to stay to be great until check-out time. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to call and ask to speak to the GM or AGM. Our ultimate objective is to create an everlasting experience for all our guests.

Enjoy stay ! We are at your service.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stay yearly at The Holiday Inn Resort, on Okaloosa Island, Fort Walton Beach, Fl. We find the staff to always be friendly and helpful. My husband uses the work out room early morning each day, hot tub and pools are clean and ready for use also early in the day. Of course, THE BEACH, is only a LOOK and stroll from the Gulf view rooms. Food on site is good and reasonable. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE!!!!!! Keep up the GOOD WORK HOLIDAY INN RESORT. We love you.

Room Tip: Love the Gulf View rooms. Small refrigerator and microwave in room to stock your drinks of choice a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear our valued guest;

We would like to thank you for your business and the time which you took to write such a positive feedback about everlasting experience you had at the hotel. Your comments are well considered as they transform into a catalyst that can energize our team toward service excellence. Again, we really appreciate every second of the time taken to fill out this survey for us.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Been staying here for a couple of years when I come down for work. Love the pool areas, the tiki bar, and free movie kiosk. The staff has always been very friendly and taken care of any problems that have come up. The rooms are alright but could use some routine maintenance (slow drains, shower head and curtain rods need secured).

Not a huge fan of the kitchenette rooms, the balcony is half facing the next building and I had to take the microwave off the shelf so I could plug it in an outlet. But the king and double bed gulf front rooms are very nice, love the balcony and never head problems with pool noise.

Great spot on the beach, hotel is always clean, the tiki bar guys make great daquaris for my poolside enjoyment, the restaurant food is very good. Overall a great place other than minor room issues which it sounds like they may be working on.

• Stayed October 2012
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear our valued guest;

Our ultimate goal is to ensure that guests like you enjoy what our property has to offer. We are very thankful of the time which you took to tell others via the internet the great experiences that you had here. Your business and the time are very invaluable to our continued improvement. No issue is minor to us. We will address comments with each department for the betterment of our product and service. As you may have seen, we are in the midst of a rproject to refurbish our property to make it more enjoyable. I hope you will come back to witness firsthand how much we have changed. On the other hand, we are also excited to learn that you enjoyed all the features and amenities including the ocean view while staying with us. Thanks again for laying stress on the friendliness of the staff, the ocean view and the pools' features.

We are looking forward to seeing again.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

For the price it's a good value. The grounds & building itself could be a little more clean. If it wasn't for banking priority club points, I would have stayed at the Howard Johnson not so far off the beaten path.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear our valued guest;

We would like to thank you for your business and the time you took to fill in the survey for us. Your feedback is well considered. As the gounds concern, we wll pay more attendtion during the renovation timeline. We have always kept it clean; it should be that way whether we are under renovation or not. We appreciate your comments; and we will act on them immediately. Our ultimate goal is to provide a refreshed product that guests love. Again, we will focus on keeping all areas clean.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was @ HI Fort Walton Beach last week and unfortunately had a really bad noisy experience. I called on Friday to reserve a quiet room for the weekend, specifically requested a quiet room so called the hotel directly asking if they still had rooms on the higher floors not to have any noise from the street. The agent told me still had one very quiet room on the 7th floor, so I did my reservation. We were looking for a quiet weekend to relax. We arrived late evening on Friday and Saturday as we woke up hear some construction noise, went to the pool and was seriously impossible to ignore the drilling from the roof, we moved to the beach still we could hear the noise. As I went back to my room mid-day I met on the lift one of the guys from maintenance and he told me they were doing some work on some rooms! nothing was mentioned at any point even if I had told them I was looking for a quiet place to spend my weekend!!!. The worst was Sunday at 9am when I was enjoying my sleep and woke to the drilling in the roof of our room!! as I called the reception, the guest manager told me they had an emergency in one of the rooms and so they were working on it. I told him I was trying to sleep but with he drilling and hammer on the wall was impossible. The noise didn't stop so by 10am we decided to leave the room look for a quiet beach far from HI Fort Walton; as we came back to check out, there was no note of apology, message or anything we were totally ignored. I passed by the front desk and the same guy who had answered my called in the morning said his manager "on duty" wasn't at the hotel that she would be back by 3pm so he couldn't do anything about my complain, that he will just take note and that I had to pay as if nothing and hope that his manager would do something, probably compensate if she believed my complain deserve any.... Told him that was unacceptable that no manager or person with authority was at the hotel..He offered to call his manager as i was getting ready to check out so that I could probably speak with the manager "on duty", which of course never happen as the manager never called as wasn't on property... even if called on duty wasn't there even when there was an emergency in one of the rooms.., as i returned to the Front desk the agent told me that his manager said that they could offer me a 50% off on the second night. You would think a sincere apology from the manger would have been a nice touch..I paid full rate for a quiet / restful weekend and instead I got a very noisy place so if you are looking for some quiet place be careful. The hotel manager called me later once I was on my way back home since line wasn't good was only able to speak with her 2 days later, when I explained her the noise and disturbed weekend we had and that there was no note or anything mentioned of their maintenance work, she offered again the 50% off 1 night (even if I stayed 2) and 1000 PCR points.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest;

We would like to apologize for the disturbance caused by the ongoing renovation of the hotel. We have four buildings. The one in which we are doing the major project is out of service. Apparently, it is causing some inconvenience to the other buildings. Thank you for your feedback!

Due to your comments, as of today, we are asking the contractors to start any loud tasks at 10:30 AM even though the project is occuring in one building at a time. Additionally, we should have been able to immediately respond to your concerns. Sorry for the delay in replying to you.. As you seem not to be satisfied with the way our manager handled the situation, please call the hotel and ask to speak with the GM or AGM, so we can solve it to your satisfaction.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Been to Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!