We arrived early, yet the staff allowed us to check in 1.5 hours in advance of the scheduled time. The people at the desk were warm and courteous and gracious, and seemed genuinely concerned with how we perceived our accomodations. We went into the 6th floor suite and were totally amazed at the quality of the room. We entered into a long hallway (what hotel has rooms so big they have 12 foot entrance hallways?), and found a large, spacious suite with separate bedroom, bath, kitchen, dining room and living room. The patio opened on to the gulf, with an incredible view.
It looks like the entire room was brand-new - everything, from the paint, the bathroom sink/fixtures, the appliances, TV's (yes, two big flat-screen HDTVs - one in the bedrooom, one in the living room) - were all new.
The maid service was exceptional, asking us if we needed anything a couple of times per day when they saw us coming into the room (once, they gave us more towels, and another, more shampoo as we left ours at home).
The pools (two of them) were beautiful, and it was also nice being provided two great lounge chairs and an umbrella at the beach by the dedicated hotel beach attendants. Beautiful clean beach, and just like the ad says, clear emerald waters...
The tiki bar next to the pool served great drinks and excellent food.
Nice surprise was the free fresh popcorn available in the lobby.
All around a fantastic experience. We stayed at the HI Resort at Panama City last time but it was booked this trip, so I was a little worried since the PC trip was so excellent, but was amazed to see we got the same level of excellence at both HI resorts.
Well done. I will be coming back, again, and again, with my family.
Only negative: wifi access was poor (but I used my phone and made it a hotspot so it had no effect on us, really.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Wyndham, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn