Very pleased with the front desk service provided by Renee B. I asked for a room change because the first one overlooked a pool full of noisy kids. She graciously allowed me to move to another building overlooking a different pool that we hoped would be quieter. Next time I would request the suites that are closer to the Gulf and don't overlook either pool as it was still too noisy for me to fully relax.
The room was decent - a bit outdated but everything was in working order and clean. It was nice to get free DVD rentals from the lobby as you couldn't see the water once the sun had set and I wasn't up for running around town for entertainment.
I had the sunset dinner special in the hotel restaurant one evening and was pleasantly surprised at how good the meal was. Good service, too.
I would stay here again and make sure I got a suite facing the Gulf to avoid the pool side noise. There was also a lot of noise from room to room, floor to floor, etc. but that is one gets on a Sat. night in a crowded resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn