“Good customer service, decent rooms and view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin

You added Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   573 Santa Rosa Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 (Formerly Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“Good customer service, decent rooms and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Very pleased with the front desk service provided by Renee B. I asked for a room change because the first one overlooked a pool full of noisy kids. She graciously allowed me to move to another building overlooking a different pool that we hoped would be quieter. Next time I would request the suites that are closer to the Gulf and don't overlook either pool as it was still too noisy for me to fully relax.

The room was decent - a bit outdated but everything was in working order and clean. It was nice to get free DVD rentals from the lobby as you couldn't see the water once the sun had set and I wasn't up for running around town for entertainment.

I had the sunset dinner special in the hotel restaurant one evening and was pleasantly surprised at how good the meal was. Good service, too.

I would stay here again and make sure I got a suite facing the Gulf to avoid the pool side noise. There was also a lot of noise from room to room, floor to floor, etc. but that is one gets on a Sat. night in a crowded resort.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Valued Guest!

We would like to thank you not only for having chosen to be our guest but also for taking your precious time to share your stay experience with other present and future guests. We are striving daily to improve our product and services, so we can continue to deliver superior service to you and other guests. In this process, your feedback is very invaluable to us. We really appreciate it. We are also excited to know that you love our Suites which are fully equipped with appliances.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Corbin, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

My family and I stayed at this resort for our family vacation in July 2010. We stayed 5 nights. The hotel was great. Everyone was friendly and helpful to me and my family. The hotel was clean and very nice to stay in. I have two children 11 and 9. They have lots of kids activities. My kids loved the pools, especially the rock slide. The beach was BEAUTIFUL! This resort is on the beach so it is really convenient. The powder white sand beaches and emerald green water are a dream! They have the best beach service that we have had at any resort! We loved it and cant wait until our vacation in June! I would recommend this resort to anyone!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear our valued Guest;

Our team would like to thank you for taking some of your precious time to write such a great review. Your review is a motivational message that is being used during our staff meeting, so we can continue to work hard to create an everlasting experience which guests like you have come to expect.. This year, we are more committed than ever to making it happen. As you could have seen, we refurnished all our guest tooms. We also changed all our TVs to Flat screen HD. During the spring and summer, we have more outdoor recreation for your family. Please come back to enjoy the summer in our property. In case you need a full kitchen, we guest room suites that are equipped with appliances. See you soon!

Thanks again!
Jacksonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I could hear and see the gulf from my room. The king bed was comfortable. The ventilation system worked well and did not wake me up. It was nice to have a refigerator and microwave in my room. The walls were painted pleasant colors. But the rooms were run down. Upon getting to my room, I noticed that the sink drain stopper was broken and called for maintenance. I thought it was fixed, but two days later it was broken again. I didn't bother with maintenance again until the lever on the toilet stopped working. It was obivious to me that the plastic arm was cracked and I explained that when I called maintenance again. The maintenance guy showed up with no parts or tools. I heard the toilet flush and the guy said, there you go, you are all set, call if you have any more trouble. When I had to use the toilet again, I found it to be in the same shape as it was before I called. I had to pull up on the arm to get the toilet to flush. The next morning I went down to the front desk and asked how the maintenance guy could miss something that I could plainly see. They said they would take care of it, and it was better when I got back later that day. They fixed the sink drain stopper and replaced the plastic arm in the toilet. However I had to hold the lever down to get the toilet to flush. Why not go ahead and fix it properly. I dread the possibility of staying at this hotel again next year for the same conference. The location is great and they were the only hotel who could accomodate a group of 70 people for a full week.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Dear Our Valued Guest;

We would like to thank you for taking time to share the experiences you had at our property. We profoundly appreciate your feedback. To follow up with you, we want you know that we are in the process of retraining our maintenance associates on solving guests issues within 10 minutes. Additionally, I found out that a new water pump was intalled in the tank. However, one has to hold its lever for one second before releasing it due our water conservation program. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will ensure other guests are aware of the new system. By the end of the year, all our rooms will be equipped with LCD,TV and new furniture. Come back to see us again.

Best regards,

Springfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We have planned and dreamed to come back to this resort for 8 years. It was very nice, but certainly had some changes. It is NOT handicap accessible to the beach. They have built up a sea wall that has changed the board walk to be up three levels and than down two levels. The room we requested from our last stay now is behind the sea wall they have built to protect themselves, which we totally understand, but it was a surprise. We sat on our patio the last time and looked at the dolphin fountains by the pool and onto the beach. The dolphin fountains and the beach view are both gone. They were nice enough to give us another room in a different building with a beach view from the balcony. However, this room seemed much older and dated than the room we had before. It was very clean, and we still enjoyed our stay and everyone was polite to us. It was a smaller room and just didn't seem like the rooms of the other Holiday Inns we visited during this trip. You can have a continental breakfast at this Holiday Inn for 8.99 per person. Only hotel of the 7 hotels and motels we visited on this 40th anniversary trip that didn't include breakfast. The ocean sunset was all that we remembered and we enjoyed the dolphins swimming by in the early morning.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I love this hotel! I have stayed here several times and it just gets better and better. The hotel since I was there last has been 'refreshed' and I was very pleased. We have been able to get the same room every visit thus far and it is something we really look forward to. The employees are great, I can tell this hotel has a great management team. The hotel has two pools, a hot tub, free movie rentals and scheduled activity in certain seasons. If all of this was not enough it in directly on the beautiful white sands of the gulf coast. I just got home yesterday and I can hardly wait until my next visit! You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Louisville,Ky.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We rented a suite at the Holiday Inn Resort for a long weekend in September on the recommendation of a friend and for just a few days didn't want to rent a condo. All the rooms had at least a Gulf view with quite a few beachfront. It has two nice pools and the Manatee Grill poolside was nice for a sandwich or drink if poolside or you get hungry while on the beach. Beach service ( 2 chairs & umbrella) is included with your room

The rooms were clean but dated and in dire need of an upgrade. Carpets stained and old looking but appeared clean besides that. The a/c in our room rattled the walls and make sleeping difficult. Maintenance was sent up and while he worked diligently and tried all he could the simple fact was it couldn't be fixed (others had tried by stuffing paper between the unit and the walls). He said a lot of the rooms were inline to be updated and the paneling replaced that was causing the problem. We were in a couple other rooms while we were there and not all rooms had the problem, if they did it wasn't as bad.

Despite the problems though, the amenities, location and friendly staff go along way toward making up for it. One odd thing though. I travel a lot and this is the first hotel to ask me to sign a liability waver when you check in.....relieving the hotel of liability if anything happens to your car or comes missing from your room, but then each room has a safe so unsure whats up with that.

All in all if I had just a few days I'd probably come back to this hotel....longer then that I'd rent a condo but then at Ft. Walton I'm partial to renting a condo over a hotel anyway. I'd recommend this hotel to a friend with a couple of caveats

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

We enjoyed our stay this past weekend. Hotel is clean, and comfortable. However, I wish that they went the extra mile of platinum ambassodor status teired guest with a suite upgrade. I asked at the desk, and they said they had a suite available, and that I would have to pay for that upgrade. I did not get much of any upgrade benefit except that of a ocean view.

I would recommend it for standard guest, but not elite guest.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#3 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 266 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- ...
#8 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 758 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#4 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 845 reviews
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#5 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 472 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#1 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 405 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Walton Beach Northwest
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#6 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 44 reviews

Been to Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin? Share your experiences!