“Not bad on a budget.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Walton Beach

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Miracle Strip Parkway SW, Hwy 85 & US 98 West, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Baton Rouge, LA
“Not bad on a budget.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I booked this hotel, but it looked as if it would fit my requirements. Amenities aren't too important on a dive trip as long as you've got a nice, clean place to sleep between trips out into the Gulf. I was quite content staying here.

Our room had some wear and tear, but it was generally unremarkable. If you're the type to lose it at the most minuscule inconvenience, go spend double or triple elsewhere (you wouldn't like it here), but if you just want a place to stay, it fits the bill nicely.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Olive Branch, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

Booked a last minute weekend in the Destin area and this was the only hotel I could find. It is on the Miracle Stip close to most everything and the pool was clean but that is about all the good I can say about it. Nothing terrible but you can tell this hotel has been heavily used and abused. They offer a free breakfast but they offer very little compared to other hotels I have stayed at. A couple of donuts and some cold cereal were about it and there was no one taking care of it to restock or clean up the area, which was pretty messy. I wouldn't stay there again but I didn't have much of a choice this time.

• Liked — availabilty
  • Disliked — run down and the breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

The Days Inn on Miracle Strip in Ft. Walton Beach, FL will definitely go on my list as one of the worst hotels. Correction motels, the entrance to all the rooms is on the outside. That’s my definition of a motel not a hotel. I’ve stayed in all types of hotels mainly looking for a clean place with helpful staff. I was kind of persuaded to stay at this place by family members due to the price. The first room they try to assign me had the worst moldy smell and staying in that room could not be healthy. I asked for another room and it was a lot better, but the walls were filthy. They were so filthy that I took one of their towels and washed them down with a cleaner that contained bleach. You should have seen the towel afterwards. The bathroom floor was so dirty that it no longer could be cleaned. The dirt was embedded in the tile. I would go on because there is more, but I think you get the picture.

A couple of positives were the place seemed to have had a face lift on the outside. It seemed to have had a new paint job. The carpet seemed to be in fair condition, but due yourself a favor pay a little extra to stay somewhere else. I believe you will have better vacation not being concerned about contracting something from this place.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ft. Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

This hotel made me put all Days Inn hotels on my list of "HOTELS NEVER TO STAY IN." The hotel was affected by the hurricanes last year and the management never bothered to finish repairing the rooms before allowing clients to stay in them. Our room was moldy smelling, the ceiling was coming down in the bathroom, there was a hole in the wall in the bathroom...When we complained, they allowed us to choose a room on the second floor, but the stairs leading to the second floor was rickety and unsafe. I chanced it and looked at a room on the second floor anyway and it smelled just as moldy. In the end, the only consolation the manager felt fit to give us was to not charge us for the taxes on the room! We ended up paying about $200 for two nights, when the room wasn't worth more than $30. Never again!!!!!

If you are going to the panhandle of Florida, I suggest you stay in Destin! It's just 10 or 15 minutes away from Fort Walton Beach, with nicer hotels and a bunch of restaurants. Destin also has a nice water park that is fun for the kids! The beach in Fort Walton is not to be missed though, so make sure to visit their truly white, sandy beaches!

• Liked — It was close to the beach.
  • Disliked — The rooms were awful!!!
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay in Destin instead, it's only a few minutes away, with nicer hotels and restaurants!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2004

Made reservation thru Orbitz.com for Days Inn of Ft Walton Beach,FL.
Arrived an hour after check in time and was told by the unsmiling clerk the rooms would not be ready for another 45 minutes. I left and returned almost an hour later to be informed that no rooms were ready and the girl at the desk had no idea when one would be ready.
The other girl at the desk told me that she was "just a trainee" so many times I wondered if that was the extent of her vocabulary.
I was told that if I went to another motel in the area, ( due to their 24 hour cancellation policy) I would still be charged for the room EVEN THOUGH NO ROOMS WERE READY TWO HOURS PAST CHECK IN TIME ! As most of us know, Days Inn used to be a good value and when one was on a limited budget, one got decent service for the money. Since my family was indeed on a limited budget, paying for a stay at a good motel AND Days Inn was impossible. I asked to speak with the manager ( Steve Sinsel) and was told that he had left for the day. I told the clerk that I and members of at least one other party who were also being given the same problem would be in the office the next morning to speak with the manager. The clerk told me she did not know what time he would be in. When a room finally became available it had a bad odor and towels for three instead of the four members in my party. I obtained the extra towels from the office and inquired for an air freshener of some sort. I was told to ask a member of housekeeping. I found a member of housekeeping who apologized profusely and brought some air freshener to the room ( which helped somewhat) The maid also commented several times to me that she did not know why the motel continued to rent that particular room since it always had a bad smell after it had NOT BEEN USED FOR SEVERAL DAYS. The next day I returned to the office to find out the manager would not return for the next four days due to a medical situation with his family. On the second day when I checked out a different clerk was at the desk. The clerk refunded me twenty dollars and acted as though she had done me a big favor. I feel that a full refund and an apology from the company should be in order. Stay at another Day Inn maybe. This one NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!

Been to Days Inn Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!