“Better then I expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Walton Beach

You added Days Inn Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Miracle Strip Parkway SW, Hwy 85 & US 98 West, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Hosford, Florida
“Better then I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

February 14, 2014 check-in

After reserving a room and reviewing everyone's comment, I was a little iffy on my expectation of the place. I decided that I would be prepared for all information that was provided to at least get thru the night for my continue trip to Biloxi, MS..

As I drove up, and checked in at the front window as we arrived after hour. The gentlemen got my information, filled my request of extra towels and also asked if I wanted to check out an hour later then normal with no charge (what hotel ask that: DAYS INN).

We got in our room and wow, with the pillows. My kind of room as I love pillow and they were very comfortable. Not too flat and not too soft. The room was clean and it had everything that was needed from the time that I walked in to the time I walked out.

What I read on reviews of this place and expected, was no where connected. It amazes me of what people say about this location and wonder if they are even sober and not on drugs when visiting it. There were no roaches at all located anywhere, not even dead ones. The place was clean and nothing out of place. There were no bad odor and everything worked.

If you were looking for a place to lay your head and have great people to take care of you while away from home, Days Inn would be the spot to stop and drop!!!! Thank you for everything as the money was worth the stay and affordable.

Room Tip: Don't always believe what you read of bad service, but nothing wrong with being prepared.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Harry_N_C, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Tonia P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We love to hear honesty and truth about Days Inn. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff works very hard to make sure that we provide a great atmosphere and clean rooms at affordable prices. I will definitely make sure to pass along your kind words to the staff. We pride ourselves in making sure that we treat every guest like family! We want you to feel like Days Inn is your home away from home. We appreciate your business. Make sure to give us a call for your next visit to Fort Walton Beach, FL. Hope to see you soon! Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hooper, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We needed a place to stay last minute with our pets and Days Inn was the last place available. It was a horrible decision. I would have rather slept in my car. The remote to the tv was held together with electrical tape. The bathroom had mold in it. I cried.

Room Tip: This looks like a room you could get for your pets only.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Auburn, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Pink mold in tub area. Room smelled moldy. Roof sheetrock sagging and uneven. Newer carpet. Enough electrical plugs. Bed was Very uncomfortable. Lowest prices available for Wyndom rewards for area. Points were 16000 a night and it wasn't on the beach even though there was another property with same points on the beachfront with Wyndom. Over pointed, but price (54) night was good. I'd stay there again but ONLy in a pinch.

• Stayed December 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was by far the worse hotel I have ever stayed at. The smell of mold was so strong in the room it made you catch your breath. The room was cramped...too much furniture. The bathroom door would not stay closed. The towels and wash cloths appeared to be laundered but they were grey in color. This was a designated non-smoking room and right next to the non-smoking designator on the night stand was an ash tray. By the smoke stains on the lamp shades I am pretty confidant this was not always a non-smoking room. The grounds were dirty and trashy. There was even an old washer and dryer shoved under the stair well. There also appeared to be several permanent residents living here. Chatting with each other in open door ways and hanging outside their rooms drinking beer. The television reception was poor and had a grainy snowy quality. Days Inn should be ashamed to have such a hotel branding their name! This can be all yours for 80 dollars a night! I will never be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Palm Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

What a bad hotel. Said they had done renovations but new carpet didn't make a renovation. Room smelled horrible. Bathroom was disgusting. The door to the room didn't shut properly..over all really bad. Only good thing was the nice gentleman who checked us in and tried to help us with the stinky room.

• Stayed October 2013
Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Paid $59 a night for a double, on a weekday during the height of season. Was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, size, and the amenities available in the room. Beds were very comfortable. I would not have been unhappy if this room had cost me $99 a night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Ok I know this motel is old, but they could at least keep it clean. Was very disappointed! Mold in the bathroom, mildew smell in the whole room. Will never stay here again. Have a newer Comfort Inn right next door. Beds were even uncomfortable! Doors were hard to open, my 10 yr old granddaughter could not even get the bathroom door to open without help!

• Stayed August 2013