“Dirty, run down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Walton Beach

You added Days Inn Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Miracle Strip Parkway SW, Hwy 85 & US 98 West, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“Dirty, run down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Ok I know this motel is old, but they could at least keep it clean. Was very disappointed! Mold in the bathroom, mildew smell in the whole room. Will never stay here again. Have a newer Comfort Inn right next door. Beds were even uncomfortable! Doors were hard to open, my 10 yr old granddaughter could not even get the bathroom door to open without help!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We just returned from staying there for 4 nights in Ft. Walton. It was the first decent hotel we found that allowed small dogs for $20 per night. You can't drive over to one side of the hotel because it is all grass which makes it a little inconvenient if you have heavy luggage. It's the dog area. Some people don't clean up after their pets, but the staff clean it up. The rooms are too overcrowded with furniture. There was 2 queen beds, a bedside desk, a breakfast table, dresser, and 2 chairs all in this small room. The table sticks out in the walk way across the room by 8 inches so it is difficult to manage to get through it. We asked for a late check out on our last day until 12 or 1 and we were denied and lied to about how the computer system automatically charges for another day if you aren't out by 11. You would think that after having stayed 4 days they could cut us a break for an hr or two. They were good about replacing towels. Go somewhere else for good breakfast and coffee. The housekeeper man was very nice and friendly to us. Hotel lobby smelled like incense and it was a bit offensive. They have several Hindu statues in the lobby so I'm not sure if burning incense is part of their religion, but it was a regular smell in the lobby. Some of the desk lobby staff were nice also.

Room Tip: Small rooms. Avoid if you are handicap cause you can't get through the room due to excessive in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Well to start the claimed the rooms were refinished beds were upgraded and flat screens. We get there after a long drive eager to check in the girl at the front desk, very friendly! No complaints at all about the staff but the rooms on the other hand are another story. There was a flat screen and the beds were comfortable, were they new or upgraded I don't know? But the room was very outdated and dirty looking..hair dryer didn't work, cobwebs on the ceiling, towels seemed overused,fridge needed to be defrosted, stains on the comforters and bed skirts..kinda disgusting. For the money we paid I expected a little more.

• Stayed August 2013
Fort Walton Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hotel was close to beach which is our main reason for traveling to this area. Staff answered questions politely. Hotel was adequate for our needs. Rooms were clean but overall feel of hotel was dated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tuscaloosa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

When we arrived. Walking in, the front desk just look at us, usually you would hear Hello weclome to our hotel. It was some nets, flees and roaches. I not sure if they were flees are nets, but they were everywhere, We stay three nights the first night was okay, then we starting seeing the bugs the second night. Also have problem locking the door, please make your decison by these reviews, because we looked at the reviews after we started experiencing with the bugs and stain on the pillow, nail in the floor. They act nice, but I really don't think they care.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

After checking in, I went on to the room and noticed the door did not seal shut. Since my parents were bringing the family dog, I did not feel safe and requested to change rooms. When I went to the new room, I couldn't get the door open. The desk clerk came out and showed me the "trick" of opening the door. The "trick" didn't work so well for me. It took about two or three attempts to open the door. Once I was inside, I began to take a closer look and noticed the stains on the bed sheets, covers and pillows. The furniture was nailed back together and dirty. There were white and dark stains all over both chairs. The walls had black spots and dirty marks all over them. There was too much furniture in the rooms and none of it was clean. After I noticed all the the apparent things, I decided to peek under the air conditioner to confirm what I figured I'd find…trash, food, change. You name it, it was under there. The phone rang randomally every ten minutes, I had to unplug it while I searched for another place to stay. I drove to the airport (where I had to drop my rental car off at) and waited for several hours for my parents to arrive. I felt safer then staying in the hotel. Unfortunately, it was about 530am at that point and we decided to try to get a couple hours of sleep. When I woke up less than two hours later, I was sneezing and coughing and continue to do so today, 5/6 days later. We checked out first thing and was refunded most of what I had paid, but not the full amount. My family and I felt unsafe because the door looked like it had been busted before but also because of the conditions of the room. When I left I wrote down the management company that is in charge of that location and I was asked by the women at desk women why I was writing down the company name and I told her that it was unsafe for anyone to stay at that hotel and that I couldn't believe that it would pass a health department inspection. Which apparently I'm wrong noticing the inspection that was done in February that just noted "holes in the walls"…who paid of who for that inspection?!? The hotel advertised "newly renovated rooms" which was far from the truth. The only available hotel I could find on short notice who accepted pets was over an hour away. If I had only known, I would have planned the trip to meet my family a lot different. I will be seeing a doctor for the upper respiratory problems I now have since the stay at the Days Inn in Fort Walton Beach on 5/23/2013.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Harry_N_C, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

I have made my entire staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure everyone has a good expereince while staying with us.

Once again, please do accept our apologies.

Been to Days Inn Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!