“Worst hotel/motel ever!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Walton Beach

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Miracle Strip Parkway SW, Hwy 85 & US 98 West, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #16 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Worst hotel/motel ever!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

After checking in, I went on to the room and noticed the door did not seal shut. Since my parents were bringing the family dog, I did not feel safe and requested to change rooms. When I went to the new room, I couldn't get the door open. The desk clerk came out and showed me the "trick" of opening the door. The "trick" didn't work so well for me. It took about two or three attempts to open the door. Once I was inside, I began to take a closer look and noticed the stains on the bed sheets, covers and pillows. The furniture was nailed back together and dirty. There were white and dark stains all over both chairs. The walls had black spots and dirty marks all over them. There was too much furniture in the rooms and none of it was clean. After I noticed all the the apparent things, I decided to peek under the air conditioner to confirm what I figured I'd find…trash, food, change. You name it, it was under there. The phone rang randomally every ten minutes, I had to unplug it while I searched for another place to stay. I drove to the airport (where I had to drop my rental car off at) and waited for several hours for my parents to arrive. I felt safer then staying in the hotel. Unfortunately, it was about 530am at that point and we decided to try to get a couple hours of sleep. When I woke up less than two hours later, I was sneezing and coughing and continue to do so today, 5/6 days later. We checked out first thing and was refunded most of what I had paid, but not the full amount. My family and I felt unsafe because the door looked like it had been busted before but also because of the conditions of the room. When I left I wrote down the management company that is in charge of that location and I was asked by the women at desk women why I was writing down the company name and I told her that it was unsafe for anyone to stay at that hotel and that I couldn't believe that it would pass a health department inspection. Which apparently I'm wrong noticing the inspection that was done in February that just noted "holes in the walls"…who paid of who for that inspection?!? The hotel advertised "newly renovated rooms" which was far from the truth. The only available hotel I could find on short notice who accepted pets was over an hour away. If I had only known, I would have planned the trip to meet my family a lot different. I will be seeing a doctor for the upper respiratory problems I now have since the stay at the Days Inn in Fort Walton Beach on 5/23/2013.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Harry_N_C, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

I have made my entire staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure everyone has a good expereince while staying with us.

Once again, please do accept our apologies.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very unorganized, bathrooms were dirty and way over priced. Breakfast was disappointing. Waied for the waffle maker for 30 minutes. The man in front of me needed non stick spray because the bottle was empty. He kindly asked one of the men that worked there for more and the man looked at him and walked off and never came back with anything. The new "LED" TVs they had were so fuzzy you couldn't see much at all. And the water pressure in the shower was awful. Sorry to rant but too much was spent for poor service

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Fort Walton Beach. I apologise that your stay was not as good as we hoped it would be. We have made our staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure everyone has a good experience while staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family & I went to the Florida panhandle a day earlier than when we had a condo reserved. We visited friends and the beaches all day, and originally planned to stay at a hotel in Navarre, Florida, as our condo reservations were there the following day. We were too tired to drive that extra 20 minutes, so we decided to stay in Ft Walton. The hotel directly beside the Days Inn was $139/night. We managed to get a room here for $69/night. We just needed a room to bathe & sleep with our two daughters. The room was small but still included a mini fridge and microwave which we used. The pool area was nice. Our free breakfast was better than expected (hot waffles available, not just cereal!) Our main goal was a clean room & a comfy bed - and both were just great. Impressed with our savings - especially in the middle of such a tourist area such as Ft Walton/Destin/Navarre/Pensacola area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Harry_N_C, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn, Fort Walton Beach. We strive to offer our guests an exceptional stay at an even better price, so I am glad to hear we met your expectations.

Thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.
Bloomingdale, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here late Feb. to early March (couple of weeks) due to family business in area. After staying at another motel for 2 days which wasn't good at all, I relocated to here. The service was great, the rooms were nice and clean and the cleaning staff was terrific. Because of my situation, I wasn't sure of my length of stay from day today, but the manager(s) were very understanding and accommodated me accordingly.The breakfast bar was very good. Nice TV in the room and WiFi was good. This may have not been as fancy as some of the others over by the beach but just as good as some of the others that are a little higher in price. The only downside for me was the location of the washer and dryer and the fact that they were outside. The dryer wouldn't dry properly and after I asked one of the cleaning girls about it she then tried to clean all the plugged up lint out of it. because of this my clothes didn't get done and I had to leave, but she then said she would watch them. Well when I came back the were in my room and folded. They dryer wouldn't work so she used their big ones. I thought this was very nice of them. I should also note that the washer and dryer aren't owned by the motel but put there by another service organization. I guess this may be something for the motel to look into.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Harry_N_C, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Fort Walton Beach. We strive to offer our guests an exceptional stay at an even better price, so I am glad to hear we met your expectations. Thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I came to Fort Walton Beach because my family lives here, and my mother was very sick. When I checked in, I told the gentleman behind the front desk that I need a quiet room, and that I simply want a bed and some hot water because I'll be spending most of the week at the hospital caring for my Mom. He was very sympathetic, and the hotel had not filled up so he quickly got me in a back corner room that was quiet all week. Then I found out I needed to stay an extra night- Good Friday, and Spring Break week too. The lady at the front desk was very kind, helpful, and I received the same rate I'd been paying all week, even though it was a spur of the moment request, and they were obviously very busy. The room had been newly rennovated, the beds are new and really good, and the hot water and water pressure are good. Centrally located to beaches, businesses and the hospital. I'll be back for vacation now that my Mom is healing well, and I'm telling all my friends too. The people here were very kind to me while I was in a very stressful medical situation- I'll always remember that, and the room was confortable and good too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Harry_N_C, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn, Fort Walton Beach. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to offer a comfortable stay for a exceptional rate and I am glad we were able to mmet your expectations. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Saginaw, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was our last night at the Florida state and it was just to sleep in. The girl at the front desk was not friendly at all. I asked to see the room first and she told me it was getting clean up. So, we waited but then I decided to get the room with out checking i,t thrusting that because it was getting clean up it will be okay. I did asked her if it was a Non smoking room because that's was I was looking for and she said yes. When we got to the room it smells horrible and I called her back and asked her again. Is this a non smoking room? And she said yes. I got my husband and kind with me they just wanted to rest as soon as possible so we stay but I was very diss appointed. Got a smoking room instead of a Non smoking room, the girl at the front desk was not friendly or polite at all, someone call our room at the middle of the night, then couple hours later a lady was knocking at the door hard enough to wake up the entire hotel I thought she was going to break the door, people in the 2nd floor were making to much noise and then people coming back from the bars I guess talking and making loud noise not having respect for others. The room was not clean and it smell like crap be a non smoking room. And when we check out the guy didn't even ask if we have a good service or nothing. I tried to tell him and he gave a business card to e-mail them. I should it go next door even if I have to pay more. But you get what you paid for. I had been at anothers Day Inn and the rooms and Service had been 10 times better that this one. Next times I'll will pay for something where I can be comfortable and happy with even if it's only one night.

Room Tip: Check your room before you get it to make sure you will be comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
daysinnfwb, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach. I apologise that your stay was not as good as we hoped it would be. We have made our staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure everyone has a good experience while staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We picked this hotel from hotels.com, for a quick trip into Fort Walton Beach. Upon checking in the front desk clerk was not very friendly or helpful. I ask if they had coffee in the lobby and she pointed to an area around the corner. When there was none and I was told I guess you will have to just have it in your room. The room was just o.k. needed updating. The only good thing in there was a nice flat screen tv. The bathroom tub and sinks were old. The breakfast in the morning was o.k. The only hot thing was the waffels. You had a choice of waffels or muffins. The check out process was the same person and was not any more friendly. The other thing at check-in I was ask for my cr. card for misc. charges which was o.k. but here is the twist I was ask to sign a $25.00 charge ticket in advance. They said they would credit our account if that was not used. So far nothing has showed up on our cr. card statement. Never have had that happen before. The room was paid to hotels.com including taxes and fees. So today I have a $2.00 fee on my cr. card statement from the hotel. I called and they said that was a resort charge. I informed them that I paid taxes and fees to hotels.com and they should get it from them. They told me they would credit our account for $2.00. So far not showed up there. Just be aware of what you may be getting into.

Room Tip: Parking lot side would be better, less distance to haul your luggage to your room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Fort Walton Beach. I apologise that your stay was not at good as we hoped it would be. We have made our staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure that we provide a good hospitality experience for everyone.

Once again please accept my apologies and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Been to Days Inn Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!