“Excellent Experience - No Complaints at All” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Walton Beach

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Miracle Strip Parkway SW, Hwy 85 & US 98 West, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #16 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
San Francisco, California
“Excellent Experience - No Complaints at All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I came to Fort Walton Beach because my family lives here, and my mother was very sick. When I checked in, I told the gentleman behind the front desk that I need a quiet room, and that I simply want a bed and some hot water because I'll be spending most of the week at the hospital caring for my Mom. He was very sympathetic, and the hotel had not filled up so he quickly got me in a back corner room that was quiet all week. Then I found out I needed to stay an extra night- Good Friday, and Spring Break week too. The lady at the front desk was very kind, helpful, and I received the same rate I'd been paying all week, even though it was a spur of the moment request, and they were obviously very busy. The room had been newly rennovated, the beds are new and really good, and the hot water and water pressure are good. Centrally located to beaches, businesses and the hospital. I'll be back for vacation now that my Mom is healing well, and I'm telling all my friends too. The people here were very kind to me while I was in a very stressful medical situation- I'll always remember that, and the room was confortable and good too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Harry_N_C, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn, Fort Walton Beach. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to offer a comfortable stay for a exceptional rate and I am glad we were able to mmet your expectations. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saginaw, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was our last night at the Florida state and it was just to sleep in. The girl at the front desk was not friendly at all. I asked to see the room first and she told me it was getting clean up. So, we waited but then I decided to get the room with out checking i,t thrusting that because it was getting clean up it will be okay. I did asked her if it was a Non smoking room because that's was I was looking for and she said yes. When we got to the room it smells horrible and I called her back and asked her again. Is this a non smoking room? And she said yes. I got my husband and kind with me they just wanted to rest as soon as possible so we stay but I was very diss appointed. Got a smoking room instead of a Non smoking room, the girl at the front desk was not friendly or polite at all, someone call our room at the middle of the night, then couple hours later a lady was knocking at the door hard enough to wake up the entire hotel I thought she was going to break the door, people in the 2nd floor were making to much noise and then people coming back from the bars I guess talking and making loud noise not having respect for others. The room was not clean and it smell like crap be a non smoking room. And when we check out the guy didn't even ask if we have a good service or nothing. I tried to tell him and he gave a business card to e-mail them. I should it go next door even if I have to pay more. But you get what you paid for. I had been at anothers Day Inn and the rooms and Service had been 10 times better that this one. Next times I'll will pay for something where I can be comfortable and happy with even if it's only one night.

Room Tip: Check your room before you get it to make sure you will be comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
daysinnfwb, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach. I apologise that your stay was not as good as we hoped it would be. We have made our staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure everyone has a good experience while staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We picked this hotel from hotels.com, for a quick trip into Fort Walton Beach. Upon checking in the front desk clerk was not very friendly or helpful. I ask if they had coffee in the lobby and she pointed to an area around the corner. When there was none and I was told I guess you will have to just have it in your room. The room was just o.k. needed updating. The only good thing in there was a nice flat screen tv. The bathroom tub and sinks were old. The breakfast in the morning was o.k. The only hot thing was the waffels. You had a choice of waffels or muffins. The check out process was the same person and was not any more friendly. The other thing at check-in I was ask for my cr. card for misc. charges which was o.k. but here is the twist I was ask to sign a $25.00 charge ticket in advance. They said they would credit our account if that was not used. So far nothing has showed up on our cr. card statement. Never have had that happen before. The room was paid to hotels.com including taxes and fees. So today I have a $2.00 fee on my cr. card statement from the hotel. I called and they said that was a resort charge. I informed them that I paid taxes and fees to hotels.com and they should get it from them. They told me they would credit our account for $2.00. So far not showed up there. Just be aware of what you may be getting into.

Room Tip: Parking lot side would be better, less distance to haul your luggage to your room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Harry_N_C, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Fort Walton Beach. I apologise that your stay was not at good as we hoped it would be. We have made our staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure that we provide a good hospitality experience for everyone.

Once again please accept my apologies and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Augsburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Were there in november. Paid 50 $ - after we had dinner price only 45 $! Check in later.
Room was obviously clean and restored, found the next morning a sock from a former hotel guest under the chair. Door closed and openend stongly, because of a new carpet.
Hotel has an indoor-pool, very nice and clean. Price was o.k.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Dirty, musty, out-dated rooms that have a very strong smoke odor despite being "non- smoking" rooms.

The rooms look nothing like the photos posted by days inn.

It was odd to us that the first room they gave us was a "non-smoking" room but smelled like a smoky bar. They offered to bring in a deodorizer, prior to offering us a new room, strange since the motel was empty. Then, the room we were given next was musty.

• Stayed November 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

While the guest rooms were fairly clean, I did notice some stains on the bedding as well as, the bathroom could have used a deeper cleaning. The carpeting within the man area of the room appeared used and dirty in some spots. Our rooms had been "pre-paid" for in full so I also did not like the motel policy of running a required fee of $25.00 to your respective credit card (upon check in) and this was not disclosed at the time that the reservations were confirmed. Upon check out, the Front Desk Clerk informed me that I could expect a refund of the $25.00 within 3-6 business days which in my opinion, allows the Motel owner to play the "float" on my money. Probably would NOT refer my valued friends to this Motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Great stay.. The hotel was newly rehab rooms in excellent condition.. Inn keeepers we very professional, made fantastic suggeations for dinner. Outside clean neat and very secure. Dog friendly, nice pool which made the stay very relaxing.... Maid service was outstanding... Great people running a great hotel.. Nice breakfast provided. I would suggest staying there has easy access to rhe gulf

Thanks

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Days Inn Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!