“Not the worst but have had better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Walton Beach

Travelocity Booking.com
Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Miracle Strip Parkway SW, Hwy 85 & US 98 West, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
“Not the worst but have had better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We picked this hotel from hotels.com, for a quick trip into Fort Walton Beach. Upon checking in the front desk clerk was not very friendly or helpful. I ask if they had coffee in the lobby and she pointed to an area around the corner. When there was none and I was told I guess you will have to just have it in your room. The room was just o.k. needed updating. The only good thing in there was a nice flat screen tv. The bathroom tub and sinks were old. The breakfast in the morning was o.k. The only hot thing was the waffels. You had a choice of waffels or muffins. The check out process was the same person and was not any more friendly. The other thing at check-in I was ask for my cr. card for misc. charges which was o.k. but here is the twist I was ask to sign a $25.00 charge ticket in advance. They said they would credit our account if that was not used. So far nothing has showed up on our cr. card statement. Never have had that happen before. The room was paid to hotels.com including taxes and fees. So today I have a $2.00 fee on my cr. card statement from the hotel. I called and they said that was a resort charge. I informed them that I paid taxes and fees to hotels.com and they should get it from them. They told me they would credit our account for $2.00. So far not showed up there. Just be aware of what you may be getting into.

Room Tip: Parking lot side would be better, less distance to haul your luggage to your room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Harry_N_C, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Fort Walton Beach. I apologise that your stay was not at good as we hoped it would be. We have made our staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure that we provide a good hospitality experience for everyone.

Once again please accept my apologies and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Augsburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Were there in november. Paid 50 $ - after we had dinner price only 45 $! Check in later.
Room was obviously clean and restored, found the next morning a sock from a former hotel guest under the chair. Door closed and openend stongly, because of a new carpet.
Hotel has an indoor-pool, very nice and clean. Price was o.k.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Dirty, musty, out-dated rooms that have a very strong smoke odor despite being "non- smoking" rooms.

The rooms look nothing like the photos posted by days inn.

It was odd to us that the first room they gave us was a "non-smoking" room but smelled like a smoky bar. They offered to bring in a deodorizer, prior to offering us a new room, strange since the motel was empty. Then, the room we were given next was musty.

• Stayed November 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

While the guest rooms were fairly clean, I did notice some stains on the bedding as well as, the bathroom could have used a deeper cleaning. The carpeting within the man area of the room appeared used and dirty in some spots. Our rooms had been "pre-paid" for in full so I also did not like the motel policy of running a required fee of $25.00 to your respective credit card (upon check in) and this was not disclosed at the time that the reservations were confirmed. Upon check out, the Front Desk Clerk informed me that I could expect a refund of the $25.00 within 3-6 business days which in my opinion, allows the Motel owner to play the "float" on my money. Probably would NOT refer my valued friends to this Motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Great stay.. The hotel was newly rehab rooms in excellent condition.. Inn keeepers we very professional, made fantastic suggeations for dinner. Outside clean neat and very secure. Dog friendly, nice pool which made the stay very relaxing.... Maid service was outstanding... Great people running a great hotel.. Nice breakfast provided. I would suggest staying there has easy access to rhe gulf

Thanks

• Stayed September 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I'll speak to the contrary of some of these negative reviews as I am currently staying at this hotel in said room 227! Apparently they have resolved the issues with this room as I find it quite comfortable, no mold, mice, critters, etc. The room was clean and the beds comfy. The people who work the desk are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast consisted of nothing special, donuts, coffee, muffins, and juice, as I would expect for the great price per night I received. This isn't the Hilton folks but it is a great place to lay your head a night, shower and hit the beach in the morning. Kudos to Linley! Thanks for your advice about places to see and things to do in town! You're awesome!

Brian G

Room Tip: Nothing to add.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days. Good location on Miracle Strip and priced well, however, we had several problems, including being charged some random hotel fee which should not have been done because we booked on hotels.com.
There were hairs in the bed, bathroom, and floor. The shower drain was clogged and had to ask for help twice. The toilette also would get backed up VERY easy.
When i got home I noticed a fee on my statement from them. I called and they said it was some hotel fee something-or-another. I told them you all cannot just randomly charge me a fee after I had booked and paid in full on hotels.com. He finally said he would refund it. Hmmmmm
Your stay does come with breakfast, but its not really breakfast. Its more like a sugar fix. So yea, they need to throw in some fruits or something healthful.

Room Tip: Guess this is the price you pay for saving a buck.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!