“NEVER AGAIN!!! NOT ON BEACH AT ALL!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Walton Beach

You added Days Inn Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Miracle Strip Parkway SW, Hwy 85 & US 98 West, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Hammond, Louisiana
“NEVER AGAIN!!! NOT ON BEACH AT ALL!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed three (3) nights at this hotel the weekend of July 14 - 17, 2011.

They advertise being on the beach...... far from the truth. We rented this hotel thinking we were close to the beach for a beach wedding. No, we had to drive at least 5-6 miles to even get to a beach.
The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The first night there was no water pressure and luke warm water (not hot). The second and third night, there were small roaches starting to come out. We are not messy people nor was there food left in the room. The man at the front desk (not American) was VERY rude on the phone and the any time we had to go to the front desk.
They said there was free internet and when trying to connect, it would not allow. When we asked the guy at the front desk, he just said he doesnt know whats wrong with it. So therefore, we had no internet while staying here.
This may be an OK place if you plan to travel to the beach, but NOT if you have children.
They charge ur credit card $50 for a deposit even though your room is paid for and they have your information on file if needed for damages. Will know in two days if its credited back to the account.
NEVER WILL WE STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We paid for our rooms in advance, on arrival, we were made to pay an additional $75 deposit on the room before they would give us a room.

Room Tip: Check ahead to make sure the Hotel is run by Americans, it may make your stay easier.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Bowling Green
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I don't understand the bad reviews. We are presently at Days Inn Ft. Walton Beach. The place is wonderful. We have comfortable pillow top mattress wonderful pillows, plenty of towels and wash cloths. The room is in wonderful condition. It is a safe place to stay. The staff is very helpful. I was having trouble with my internet and the man in the office came to my room to fix it. There are no bugs and the whole place is clean! I had read the reviews and was afraid to book. I am glad I did not cancel the reservation after reading the reviews. I do not have any photos to post. I think you will be happy you booked here. We are staying here until Friday July 8th, 2011.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
mckenzie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We had a late check in. Everything in area was full and we had booked hotel almost a month prior. Room smelled musty and molding. Bathroom ceiling had black mold and was swelled and falling down. We found out the following morning when the person in the room above you showers you get the majority of their bath/shower water in your shower. The light in the bathroom was held up by a piece of plywood. There were cracks in the ceiling throughout the room. There was no breakfast the following morning when we got down there at 9 am. So we ended up going into Destin to Cracker Barrell. This hotel/motel leaves a lot to be desired. Will never even consider a Days Inn hotel after this experience again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We had a room on the opposite of where parking is and had to lug our baggage on ripped up concrete walkway. The air conditioning outlet was a plastic pipe that leaked where you were walking which made it sloopy and slippery. The inside of the room was a horror. The bedspreads were about 100 years old and tattered. The carpet was so dirty that after we took our showers (you would not dare sit down in that bathtub), your feet would be black just by walking on the carpet! Not kidding! The bathroom floor had holes and gouges in it and the walks were a mess. Even the toilet seat was stained. You could not walk down the room without having to walk sideways because the beds are jammed up so far into the room. I am 125 lbs and still had to turn sideways just to walk to the bathroom. Guess where the washer and dryer are? Out in the weather and while we were there, guests were using the tops as furniture to sit on. This place is where you would take a hooker. We paid $135 for this. The outside marquee said wi-fi but when you went to the office to ask for the computer, they pointed to the Comfort Inn and said the computer was in there! I'm not making this up. The best part of staying here those two days was when we shut the door to leave. I am not a prissy woman-my three sons are all Eagle Scouts so I am used to a tent. I would have preferred my tent.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

One doesn't expect much for $39.99, but this place was pretty bad. Was offered a parking place in front of the room for $10 more, but I chose to park in front of the motel office and walk fifty feet to my room (tacky, tacky, tacky). Room was not dirty but was "well worn". Bedspread was torn and tattered in places. Coffee maker in room didn't work. Juice dispenser at the breakfast bar was malfunctioning during my stay. Breakfast offerings were very basic-----I chose to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

The hotel listed it's rate on the marquee at 39.99, yet after booking through expedia, we were charged 75.00 a night. The hotel is nasty, used and abused. used condoms on the stairwell, stained and dirty furnishings in the room. The breakfast was poor, as was the attitude of the check in clerk and management. Parking is on one side of the hotel only, so if you get a room on the other side, you need to walk completely around the front of the hotel and then down the other side. No passageway in the middle. Not recommended. If I hadn't been charged, my vehicle would have been cleaner and more comfortable.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!