“Great Check-In Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
milton, florida
“Great Check-In Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

The girls on the front desk, Krystle & Christine were wonderful. Since my husband was soon leaving for Afghanistan, they upgraded our room with a balcony overlooking the gulf. It was so nice. Very nice large and clean room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Southern Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Not sure why TripAdvisor limited the year selection for stay date - I stayed in May of 2005, not 2009, but that was as far back as it would let me go.

Went here with my sister & we had the best stay! It was peaceful the whole time, like we nearly had the place to ourselves. Granted, there was a good bit of re-modeling & probably repair work, as there had been several hurricanes/tropical storms the previous year. The room was excellent, like another reviewer said - the minute you stepped in, you couldn't help but be relaxed!

Our room was just off the pool & had a patio where we could sit & chill out, and we could just walk straight to the pool. Though, I believe I did lock us out somehow. It was no problem, though, we just went back to the front desk - as we had just checked in. Oh yeah, the beach was not too crowded & really nice, too.

Breakfast buffet was really good & the staff was very friendly & helpful. Can't say enough about the rooms, though - & the room smelled great, too - super clean.

Hope I can talk my husband into a trip here this fall :) We've tried PC beach recently, but, even though we didn't stay on "the strip", I just don't think there's any comparison, as far as the "laid-back" factor.

• Stayed May 2009
Enterprise, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a 3 day marriage retreat that was hosted by the US Army at this hotel. The stay was great! Any issues we had were small, and were taken care of immediately. The food was good, and room service was quick. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the location and the meals were very good. Service was pleasant. Our beachfront room was sitting right on the beach and we enjoyed the mornings and evenings sitting on the balcony watching and hearing the waves roll in. The room was very clean and updated. The beds were fairly comfortable, although a bit small (we're used to a king size bed and had 2 queens.) The volume on the tv was really loud when it was initially turned on, so that always started me.

The staff was very friendly and quick to help. We went out for dinner on Saturday and I called the hotel to get info about a great seafood restaurant or a Japanese hibachi restaurant. The staff member that answered the phone, Tasha, I think she said, was very polite and seemed very happy to help. Her recommendation was right on and we enjoyed an EXCELLENT meal at a local restaurant that was right on the water! LOVED IT! We can't wait to return with our children because beach access is great from the hotel. The ocean is about 60 yards from the balcony!

North Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

First off, there is no oil on the beach, not even a stain. The courtyard of the hotel is lush and green. The service was impeccable, special mention to the ladies behind the bar. The hotel is probably from the seventies and is looking old. Not only that in my corridor the ceiling tiles had crashed on the floor and were all over the carpet, there were buckets to catch the leaks in the roof and by some of the courtyard doors there were sandbags to keep out rain.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

We decided on Friday night to fly to Ft. Walton for the day. We had no reservations for a hotel or car rental, but as loyal SPG members, we knew we wanted to try the Sheraton. Our son had stayed there and said it was great.

We were warmly welcomed by Dani behind the front desk and Gary Johnson the manager. Dani and "Mr. J." made us feel as if we were the president of the United States visiting the hotel! They gave us a suite at a price we couldn't refuse; comped us breakfast, and sent us to the dining room while they finished the paperwork, Dani found us in the dining room and brought our parking pass and room keys and explained all of the benefits of the resort while we enjoyed a Saturday buffet.

Our room was a delightful corner suite with a wrap-around balcony directly on the Gulf. Even the late afternoon rain didn't dampen our spirits as we sat on the balcony, sheltered from the elements.

The beach is beautiful with no evidence of oil (it never got that far). We thoroughly enjoyed our one-day mini-break, thanks mostly to Dani and Mr. J.

Rison, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

If you are looking for a "nice" resort....The Four Points is it! Great beds and really nice & clean room. The front desk staff, Dani & Krystle were very friendly and easy to work with! I would love to stay there again!

albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I’ve spent more and more time on the road with my new job, and I have found a home away from home with Four Points. The service was awesome and everyone is very, very nice!
The rooms are clean and the grounds are well kept and beautiful!
I made the rookie mistake of leaving something in my room, and I only noticed it 30 minutes before my flight was going to take off. I called the hotel and before I boarded my flight Yoshie found my ID badge and Ingrid had it ready to be shipped out to my house!
The staff was on point and I was able to fly back knowing that I won’t have to worry about it when I got home!
THANKS AGAIN AND I CAN’T WAIT TO GO BACK!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach? Share your experiences!