We just returned from a 10 day stay. We have been going to Ft Walton Beach for our family vacation for nine years. We have stayed at the Four Points Sheraton for all but the first trip. After our first visit we were hooked and decided to continue to return to the Four Points. The landscaping is tropical and beautiful. The staff is always freindly and helpful. They had a program during the summer for the kids. Each day they would meet and have different activities throughout the week. And the breakfast buffet which was included with the room was the final perk that made us decide to continue to return to Four Points Sheraton and pay a little more for our room. We enjoyed every trip in a relaxing resort like atmosphere.
However this year was different. I was impressed with the renovations made and repairs from the Hurricanes. The dissappoiintments started when I booked the room. I booked a poolside/courtyard room for 11 days. I made the reservations in January. When I checked the status in May I found out they only booked the room for one day and only one person. I had to make new reservations, but was not able to get the poolside/courtyard room. I got a room in the tower which I had to pay more for and did not budget for. We did like the tower room and it was more space for us.
They also discontinued the free vouchers for the breakfast buffet. Which cost us more money we didn't budget for. They told us when we got to the hotel they stopped the program in January. I made by reservations in January and wasn't told anything about it being discontinued. The breakfast buffet was O.K. except for the eggs, they were watery. We were very dissappointed they stopped with the breakfast being included.
The maid service was not good at all. They only cleaned our room twice while we were there. They changed out our towels when we called to get new ones. The maids told us they were short handed, but thats not my problem when I'm paying 225.00 plus tax a night for the room. I expect great room service for the price I paid. The maid staff was very freindly and responded to our request as needed.
They also did not offer the kids program. My kids were disappointed because they had gotten used to the activities to break up the day.
I was also told the hotel will be undergoing major renovations to the main building which might cause problems for vacationers. I was glad we were able to go prior to the construction.
All said this is a beautiful hotel with friendly staff. A little expensive, but the environment (landscape, etc..) makes the price almost worth it. They need more staff.
I will be looking elsewhere next year. The Ramada has a nice pool and lower rates. I will have to look into it more. When you take in account the price we paid for breakfast and the room rates it would be cheaper to go elsewhere. I do hate to break a family tradition but I hate being disappointed more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points Destin-Fort Walton Beach is a tropical retreat on the beautiful beaches of the Emerald Coast. Friendly service and a relaxed setting in the Florida panhandle will ensure a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
- Four Points By Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Sheraton Fort Walton Beach
- Four Points Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Sheraton
- Fort Walton Beach Four Points