“It Was Everything I Wanted” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Florida
“It Was Everything I Wanted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

I was looking for a quiet get-away to reflect before the start of the New Year. I was met with a courteous staff and a clean room with a great view of the beach. The facilities were beautiful with a well maintained beach.
The only tip-although I stayed in a "suite" there were no dishes or utensils. Come prepared with plastic/paper if you plan to eat snacks or light meals in the room.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
eastern US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

I've stayed at this Sheraton several times over the years when I've visited the area on business. My latest stay was December 2009.

The hotel is located right on the beach, and you can't get much better than that. However, besides the beach, there isn't much in the way of restaurants or shops that you can walk to. I usually stayed in the building nearest the beach, and the rooms there are nice. The breakfast buffet, even in off-season, was nicely done.

The internet, which is free, is so slow it is almost unusable. It reminded me of the old dial-up days. When I checked in, there was another person at the front desk complaining about this also.

One other issue -- when you make your reservation, you will call a toll-free number to the corporate Sheraton reservations center. When I arrived at the hotel, there was a mix-up on my reservation. This was sort of annoying, but they fixed it in the end. Still, it would be nicer if they paid closer attention to the details in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

This hotel is as nice as the next top notch beach hotel, but that was not the best part. From the moment we checked-in late in the evening until we checked out, every person on the staff made us feel welcome and comfortable. The desk staff was always pleasant and happy to answer questions and give directions. The restaurant staff was courteous and helpful and always serving with a smile. We went there simply to relax for a few days after a hectic work schedule and that is what we did. It was great. And by the way, the view from our fourth floor corner suite was to die for.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

I quickly needed a hotel room to meet my brother for Thanksgiving dinner. I searched and identified this hotel because of the reviews and reasonable rate. When I called the toll-free number for reservations with my Preferred card, the stafff person asssiting me reactiviated my expired account so I would receive credit for my stay and most likely receive an upgrade upon arrival - and I did. So I had not only a reasonable rate at a lovely resort, but a room facing the ocean on the fifth floor. It was great for the one-night stay and the manager and staff were fantastic. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Had a memorable stay at this location and was treated so wonderfully by the hotel staff. We felt very special. Special thanks to Nuray, at the font desk, that made our check-in painless and was so friendly and nice. We especially enjoyed being served by Danielle at the bar and restaurant, who made us laugh and treated us with royalty. We highly recommend this location to everyone. The sunrise and sunset views from the oceanfront balcony were magnificient. I cant wait to return.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Ft Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

I recently organized a reunion for military folks stationed in England in the early 60's. My first experience hosting a large croowd. The Hotel/Resort was nothing but the very best-the rooms were spotless, modern and the service of the personnel and staff was outstanding. The sales department and catering department is first rate, catering and seeing to our every need. The banquet they provided even catered to special dietary needs-I am impressed. I am recommending any and every one who visits here to stay at the Sheraton and I am thankful to all their help organizing this event.
The beaches and gardens are so beautiful, a perfect place to relax, visit and even hold weddings and receptions. We, as a group, will be back-thank you all, manager, chef, caterer and sales staff.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Fort Payne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

Our daughter's beach wedding was held here in November. The beach setting was beautiful, and the hotel's Paradise Cove room was the perfect place for the reception, with its beautiful windows overlooking the gardens and pool. The entire setting of the hotel with its sugar sand beach, gardens, pools and other amenities was beautiful. The food for the reception was EXCELLENT - they prepared jambalaya, bacon wrapped scallops, swedish meatballs and many other specialties that we requested for our 90+ guests. The entire hotel staff, from the front desk to the kitchen and serving staff and housekeeping, was very friendly and most accommodating to the needs of all of the out of town guests, who enjoyed the beachfront rooms. The Catering Sales Manager, Dayley Gunnells, was very knowledgeable and absolutely wonderful in assisting us with planning the wedding and reception and offering ideas. I would highly recommend the Four Points as a wedding or special events site.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach? Share your experiences!