I loved the atmosphere of the resort in general. It is well maintained and there were updates in the place happening during our stay. Not a bad thing at all, we were not bothered by it. The workers are quietly working and you won't even see them, especially if you stay at the beach the whole day.
Room: We booked a courtyard room for our family (2 adults, 3 kids). The room is just the right size, has a fridge and microwave (important for when traveling with kids), basic bathroom and a balcony overlooking one of the resort's swimming pools.
They have two swimming pools, a hot tub and a water splash area for younger kids.
What I love most about the resort is that it felt so intimate. Not a big crowd of people whether lounging at the pool or at the beach. There's only one row of beach umbrellas and chairs, about 15 or so (owned by hotel-you have to rent) and it's so relaxing! People don't have to be on top of each other to get a good view of the water. We went in the middle of July. It's so different from the neighboring resorts, that has rows and rows of chairs and umbrellas and such big crowds!
We brought our own beach umbrella, chairs and mat. Yes, it is allowed and most people did the same thing. We also brought our own drinks and snacks. But you can order at their Tiki restaurant which is also good. Try their Jamaican Jerk chicken wrap, a bit spicy but so good. Vegetable spring roll, chicken sandwich and shrimp skewers are also good. They also have a variety of cocktails. The servers are friendly.
There was a movie night on the last night of our stay. It was shown at the pool area right outside our room so my kids got to watch from the balcony.
It is very close to the Boardwalk. Make sure you visit that too! Lots of restaurants and a good place to shop for souvenirs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points Destin-Fort Walton Beach is a tropical retreat on the beautiful beaches of the Emerald Coast. Friendly service and a relaxed setting in the Florida panhandle will ensure a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- 4 Points By Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
- Sheraton Fort Walton Beach
- Four Points Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Sheraton
- Fort Walton Beach Four Points