“2nd time as good as the 1st!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mobile, Alabama
“2nd time as good as the 1st!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I revisited this hotel a few days after Christmas. It was quiet and relaxing as I expected it would be; had the beach almost to myself. Staff was great -- Pam at the front desk is as good as they get; she should get a raise. Everyone was friendly and helpful, and they have an especially good barmaid. The gulf front rooms are VERY close to the beach, compared to some other hotels, the balconies are more private than many other hotels, and the room furniture and decor (even the drapes!) are all color-coordinated to a pastel beach-type ambiance! (How often do you see that these days?) This stay was a pleasure so I certainly plan to return!

Room Tip: Good view from the higher floors!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear we lived up to your first visit with us. I really appreciate you mentioning the team members that made your stay memorable. I will make sure they hear about it. We look forward to making your third visit a charm! Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Came here on a spur of the moment vacation my husband and I decided to take. We booked the room through the website and the rates were great. We booked a double bed and when we arrived the front desk host upgraded us because of my Starwood membership to an ocean view room. It was on the 5th floor and the view was stunning and gorgeous also had a great balcony to watch the sunset! We had a great time, most of the fun stuff to do was in Destin about 5-10 miles away, but the room made it worth the drive to shopping and restaurants. Would love to stay here again in the winter of course, not sure I can handle the summer, I can imagine how busy and obnoxious it is in the summer time.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors in the back with an ocean view!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a great review. I am glad you and your husband decided on the last minute vacation. I am also very happy to hear we were able to upgrade you to our beach tower. You would be surprised that our beaches are not very crowded even during our busiest summer months. We look forward to your next visit with us. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Spring Hill, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I spoke on a program in Fort Walton. I got in town Friday evening then had to head back on Saturday. My first impression of the "bank" of rooms where my room was located was it looked a little old school. It was beach front but also had a outside entrance into the rooms. I never felt it was not safe though that style is not my favorite. So my expectations of the room were not high. BUT what a great experience in EVERY way. My room was perfect. Clean, smelled good, every amenity was present. Free bottled water. Even a nice small bottle of Scope. Towels was large and new. Bed was OUTSTANDING. A very large flat screen TV. I had not been in my room 3 minutes when I got a text from the front desk asking if everything was good and if I needed anything. Incidentally the people at the front desk were helpful. I ate three meals there - every one was excellent. Great experience down to every detail.

Room Tip: Great bed! VERY CLEAN room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you so much for the nice review. My only wish is that you could have stayed with us longer and enjoyed more of our amenities. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our texting service as well. Please come back when you can stay longer. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Amanda and Kevin were excellent front desk people and very welcoming! Stephanie and Jessie were amazing waitresses we had at the hotel and the food was amazing! Brandy the events coordinator made us feel excited to start planning our wedding and could call her anytime if I had any questions when planning our big day! Thanks for making us feel welcomed and at home!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for all the nice comments about our team members. We look forward to hosting your wedding soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Located right on gorgeous white sand beach, the hotel met my expectation for the price. Got into corner suite with Platinum upgrade. The room has very spacious balcony with lovely view ( there is a construction on the right side of the hotel so ask for the corner room on the left side). The hotel is a bit old but that what we expected for the price. The beds were comfortable. The hotel staffs were friendly from check in , hotel security and restaurant staffs. The breakfast was OK and similar to comparably priced hotel. The only issue was during checking in. The clerk checked us in to an occupied room and we have to spend over an hour after midnight trying to unlock the door and finally got assigned to a new room in the freezing temperature last weekend. The hotel security was really helpful during this process. Got compensated with goodwill star points bonus so overall it is fine with me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the mistake the front desk made with your first room. Our Front Office Manager is following up to make sure her team takes further steps to prevent that from happening in the future. I am very pleased to hear the remainder of your stay was so nice. We look forward to your next stay with us. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Leary, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Upon arrival, the front desk staff welcomed us..she was very efficient, friendly and upgraded our room. The room was very clean, beautiful view of the ocean and fireworks on New Years! Parking was great..covered area made loading much easier since it was raining.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to watch the fireworks this year. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel has a very efficient staff. I had some minor repairs to my room and listed them, the staff was right on it.
My room was clean. The front desk, upon arrival was very friendly ,efficient , and informative.
My room was well clean and the view of the beach and ocean well pleasing.
The only complaint is the restaurant breakfast menu had no alternative meat besides pork.
Overall a great place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your great review. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I shared your comments regarding the breakfast menu with our Food and Beverage Director as we will be changing our menu soon. Great suggestion! Thank you. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach? Share your experiences!