We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton for five nights in late October. What a great experience! We used our SPG Points to reserve a standard room. When we arrived, we were upgraded to an oceanfront room. We were on the fifth floor and our views were spectacular. Upon walking out on the balcony, we were treated to a show by a group of playful dolphins. That happened everyday of our stay, sometimes two or three times a day! The ocean was a variety of turquoise shades contrasting against the snow white sandy beach. The sunset on our first night was one of the most striking we've ever seen.
Our room was standard size with two queen beds, an easy chair with ottoman, desk, flat screen tv, coffeemaker, microwave and a refrigerator that was not full size but bigger than a mini frig. The room was very clean and comfortable.
We wanted to try out their oceanfront suite. So when one came available, we moved from our standard room to a suite for the last three nights of our trip. They charged us an additional $50/night which we felt was very reasonable. The move was seamless thanks to the hotel staff. They let us stay in our standard room until the suite was cleaned (had housekeeping clean it as soon as it was vacant). We went down to the beachside pool and received a call around noon that our suite was ready. It was on the same floor as our standard room, so it took us all of ten minutes to make the move. We found the entire staff to be friendly and helpful during our stay, particularly Pam and Amanda? at the front desk, along with Stephanie at the breakfast buffet.
We loved the suite. Although it didn't have a separate bedroom with a door, you have a mini kitchen with counter and bar stools plus a small living area with a sofa and chair. Those areas are divided off from the bedroom with a half wall. Our favorite feature was the wrap around balcony. All the suites are corner units of the beachfront building. So the balconies are large enough to hold a four chaired round table PLUS two very nice lounge chairs with room to spare. If available, I highly recommend staying in a Suite.
We took advantage of their 'green' offer and chose not to have our room serviced everyday in exchange for a $5/night room credit which we used toward the breakfast buffet. Lots of variety and excellent pancakes. We also went to the bar one night for complimentary beer and barbeque ribs and wings. I believe they offer that one night per week.
Both pool areas were very nice. We had them to ourselves most times, most likely due to the time of year we were there. There's also two hot tubs and a 'splash zone' for kids. We took a four mile walk on the beach every morning. The ocean was easily swimmable and kid friendly.
The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. But keep in mind, the buildings are older and all cement, so they're not very impressive to look at. There are actually three separate buildings; one is the six story oceanfront running parallel to the beach and the other two are two story buildings behind the oceanfront building running perpendicular to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points Destin-Fort Walton Beach is a tropical retreat on the beautiful beaches of the Emerald Coast. Friendly service and a relaxed setting in the Florida panhandle will ensure a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- 4 Points By Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
- Sheraton Fort Walton Beach
- Four Points Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Sheraton
- Fort Walton Beach Four Points