“Great place for the money.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Montgomery, Alabama
“Great place for the money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great place for the money. Nice location for a quick getaway, free wifi. The cons... pool was a little dirty and no complimentary bfast, but other than that everything was ok. I would recomend this place to a friend.

• Stayed September 2013
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your quick getaway with us. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

611 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Wiveliscombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days. A nice hotel, had a room over looking the beach. Which was a good size, and very clean. Found it really nice to be able to, walk out of the hotel, and right onto the beach. All the staff were polite, and helpful. Good food. A really relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad we could offer a nice, relaxing place for you to recharge. Please come back when you can stay longer. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Clean, clean, clean. Beautifully landscaped courtyard. Best ever free appetizers and drinks Wednesday night only in the bar. Three glasses of beer for my husband and as many mini Philly cheesesteak and pulled pork sandwiches you want. With the AARP rate we had breakfast included which was a full hot buffet bar in their restaurant. Last but not least covered parking if your room is in oceanfront building and friendly, helpful staff. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our Wednesday Brews and Barbecue! We look forward to your next visit. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Port Saint John, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is older and in some rooms you can see the need for repairs. However I have stayed here many times on business over the last 6 years and I keep going back. The staff is courteous and over the top polite and ready to serve. They have made substantial upgrades to the outside pool areas and other parts of the common areas. The breakfast buffet is worht the stay though and the staff working there early every morning are always in a good mood and they greet you in a friendly manner. The place is right on the beach too so if you have time to relax you get it all for the right price at this Four Points Sheraton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate the insight from someone that has stayed with us for so long. I am glad you noticed some of the improvements we have been making. There are many more to come over the next few months. Thank you for the review. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have to admit I read the other reviews and I was a bit worried about our stay, but I was pleasantly surprised! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Our room was beautiful and very clean! During our stay we ate at every restaurant they had on site and our food was always delicious. My only complaint would be that the bar and grill that overlooks the ocean by the pool is only open until 5. However I realize we did stay during the off season. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad we dispelled any fears you had from previous reviews. We definitely take those suggestions and comments from previous guests and make improvements where needed. I hope you will come back and see us again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We Love This Hotel. We Come At Least Once or twice a year and this is the only place we stay. It's located directly on the beach. We love the rooms. Our favorite spot is Kiwi's Cabana. Good food, fun and hang out overlooking the beach and the Gulf.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for such a great review. I too enjoy the views and atmosphere at Kiwis! Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Memphis to N.O. to Fort Walton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I took a short trip to Fort Walton for our anniversary. We travel to this area an average of twice a year, I love it here. With my husband the pull of a "Hut" to purchase drinks and lunch right on the beach overturned my choice. (My choices #1 Hampton and #2 Holiday Inn)
When we arrived the first thing we found was the "Hut" was closed for the season during the week. The clerk assured us that it would be opened on the weekend. Hello! we were not registered for the weekend. You are given a card for the BBQ on Wednesday. I live in the South and frozen food in a heated metal tub is not my idea of a BBQ.
Second, although, possibly the most important is the fact that every other hotel on the island (I've stayed in most) provides beach chairs and umbrellas for their guest "FREE" where as this hotel leaves it to an independent company. Note: Charge to your room to save $5 because if you walk up with cash the guy will add himself an automatic tip charging you $30.
That is $30 ($25 to room) per day.
The room is average as most are trying to pull themselves up to meet the standards of my favorite Hampton. But, the duvet was not covered. It was between a bedspread and the sheet so do you think that thing is ever washed? We had to just tell ourselves that the bed was bound to have been changed there were signs of corners being cut during the last cleaning. The shower had soap in the wire of the dispenser. (This dispenser thing has soap, shampoo and conditioner which is a rather nice way to replace all those little bottles.) There were no bags in the trashcans and other little hints said half done.
If like us, you choose to hold off on the house keeping during your stay, you may find a card on the door suggesting you will receive a credit. That credit is to be used at a restaurant during your stay. It does not come off the final bill. The breakfast is average and who would eat dinner at the hotel while you have Old Bay Steamer down the street is beyond me. While in Florida you want fresh seafood, don't you?
This hotel does not have anything that would make me want to return. They bank on the location as the sole reason for a guest to be there and I'll tell you the beach is nicer away from the pier. Right next door is the aquarium, a public access beach and people fish off the pier throwing fish guts in the water.
Maybe because they are near so many public areas they seem to have trouble with people wondering around. Everywhere are signs posted telling people to leave unless they are a registered guest. There are so many of these postings that you begin to feel as though you may not be in the safest place on the beach either.
If you are in a tower room you will receive a "blue parking pass". Don't put much stock in this pass as they hand these things out left and right rather than first come. You have barely enough rough to pass and turn around in this covered parking area (one way in and out) and at least 20 more cars with blue tags than available spaces.
A note about the beach... If you are reading this as of 9/15/2013 you should know there is a bacteria washing in by about noon everyday. It goes out with the morning tide and makes it back later in the day. Plan to do your beach time in the early morning or at least stay out of the water. I couldn't believe so many people were in the water but I found they didn't understand that the water should be clear. This is not the coast where you are use to muddy looking water. If the water is not clear I would suggest you stay out. Florida has also had several sewage leaks of late in this area and over all water quality is not good anytime. I take my own water on any trip to Florida. I found out the hard way about the high concentration of sulfur landing me in the hospital with a high temp of 102+ years ago. The bottled water locally sold is from "sulfur springs" so trust me... take your own. Overall this is the best of beaches. Enjoy.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view you must have a room in the tower and do not let them put you on the first...