“Great location and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I just returned from a quick last minute spring break trip to Ft Walton Beach. We all had the best time. The hotel staff was nothing short of exellent. I booked on-line the night before and forgot to add my two children to the reservation. I called the hotel in advance and although they could not guarantee me two beds, they had it ready for me at check in. Our room was clean and comfortable with a nice clean refrigerator and microwave. The beds we very comfortable with clean linens and comforter. They provide fresh coffee free of charge just outside the restaraunt each morning and the ladies that run it, even gave my girls hot chocolate packets each morning which they enjoyed. We tried the buffet on one of our morning before we hit the beach and it was average for a quick breakfast. The hotel was hosting a college fraternity spring break weekend at the hotel during our stay and I have to say, they did a great job of controlling the 150+ spring breakers. Not really any noise during the night and they even had all those spring breakers off the beach so they could have a wedding that night. Anyway, great place to stay close to the beach and very comfortable rooms. We will definatley be back:)

Room Tip: Try the Bloody Mary at the Tiki Bar!! Delish
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for the great review and I am glad we were able to get you in that room with two queen beds. Our ladies in the restaurant have been with us for quite a while and they understand hospitality! Please come back and stay with us again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Fort Wayne, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We got to the hotel at 2:45pm for check-in at 3pm. We were still waiting for our room at 6pm, but they made it right by giving us vouchers for their breakfast buffet for the entire week! The rooms in the beach tower were average decent, but many outlets didn't work, which was a pain for family of 4 with iPods and phones, but we made due. I think they were having a problem with a dryer so no abundance of bath towels, but when asked for a couple more towels they sent beach towels. They were very accommodating The beach! was FANTASTIC!!! Clean Sugar sand and very uncrowded. Great location!!! Not full of Spring Break partiers.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I do apologize for the late check-in and lack of towels. We did have a dryer break during that weekend that we couldn't get fixed until the following week so it really put us behind. I appreciate you being so understanding though. Please come back and stay with us again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel has a wonderful staff and always makes my experience pleasant. For the value it is a great hotel. I will stay there every time I come to visit Destin! The rooms are clean and the hotel sits off of the parkway so you don't hear any traffic noise and you are extremely close to the beach. My mother and my daughter love to go to the heated pool and the breakfast is complimentary, and extremely good. There is a waitress there named Sherry who we have become especially fond of because of her kindness and good service. She is one of the main reasons we always return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review and comments on our team! We all work hard to make sure every guest has a great stay. Please come see us again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Booked two rooms for six ppl using SPG points and Cash&Points. Asked for two queens in each room and rooms close together.
Arrived late on the evening of first nite and was informed that the C&P reservation had been cancelled. Got one dbl qn room and one w a king w a crappy tiny bathroom and no tub. Was told the manager cancelled our reservation. The nightshift clerk advised us to check back in the morning when there would be alot of checkouts and we could move the room.
In the AM wife spoke with FD staff and was told by the night clerk (who was still there at 9:30am) that the reservation was cancelled because my card was declined-LIE! We were then told that we would have to move from the two queen room to an adjacent one king room with a crappy bathroom and a pullout couch (no tub). Six people-4 kids-no tub only showers. Fine. In the course of trying to negotiate for the 2 qn rooms, I had to leave and re-approach the desk two more times, with eyerolls. We were told the adjacent room would not be available for awhile, so we prepped to go to the beach, moved our stuff from the 2 qn room into the king room and had a nice day at the beach - garners this rating a plus for location and the quality of the beach. The desk said they would call me when room was rdy...they didnt.
After a day of beach (til about 3pm), I returned to the desk to see about the second downgraded room. The front desk supervisor indicated that she could move us to two adjacent rooms - garden view with two queens in each room - GREAT! She said rooms were not ready and that we would have to wait for HK to flip them. No prob. We needed to go out for a few hours anyway. Desk would call me when the rooms are ready. We went back to our only room and packed up to be prepared to relocate. Went to play and shop. No call came during the time we were out. I began to worry that they wouldnt follow thru.
When I arrived at the desk to follow up, I was told the rooms did not become available and that we would be in the two king rooms with crappy bathrooms and no tubs. WHAT?!? Why did you circle the other rooms on the map and ask me if we wanted to switch to those??? I said it was very disappointing to the FD supervisor. She said "You're right." Then told me to speak to the hotel general manager when he arrived the next morning. She was rather kurt. I will speak with Jerry Skinner in the morning. Update to follow.....

• Stayed March 2013
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us. I did look into your reservation and it does show that your credit card declined when we tried to authorize it on your arrival day. When we are sold out we authorize all arriving reservations for that day. If we do not do that then we have reservations that do not show up and then we lose the revenue on those rooms that do not have a valid credit card on file. In your case, as with any other credit cards that declines, we made every attempt to contact you to see if you were coming or if we could get a good credit card number. All attempts failed. I am happy that the front desk was able to get that room reinstated for you since it could have been sold. Unfortunately it was not the room type you requested. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night in March. We reserved the cheapest room, a king with no view. Very reasonably priced, considering it is a beachfront hotel and was during spring break.

The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was nicely appointed (refrigerator, microwave, nice TV). My only complaint with the room would be with the bathroom. On the small side, the shower seemed to be designed to flood the entire bathroom when used. More water seemed to end up on the bathroom floor then in the shower. When I mentioned it to the front desk, the said they get many complaints about this.

The grounds were very nice, hotel is right on the beach. Two pools, but the jacuzzi was closed for repairs "for several weeks."

Had a nice meal at the Tiki bar overlooking the beach.

Staff was excellent. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful.

Overall a nice stay for the money. Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I wanted to update you and let you know the company that is building our hot tub and splash zone is here today to pour the concrete! Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you back again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Bryant, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights in the hotel to celebrate our 15th Anniversary in the Honeymoon suite. They surprised us with a bottle of sparkling grape juice with wine glasses and two pieces of Key Lime Pie which was awesome. The staff was very friendly and the room was overall nice as well. It is in a great location with a lot of activities and restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Some of the areas we thought could use some improvement:

They need dimmer lighting in the room. All the lamps were very bright.

The cleaning crew didn't show up the first day until 6:30 in the evening and then the second day they took the dishes from the night before (wine glasses etc) and left outside our door where it stayed for a day.

Our hot tub plug was broke so we had to use a wash cloth to keep the water from draining out. We told the front desk on day one but maintenance never got around to fixing while we were there.

The tv remote that had no batteries and when I left the back off the remote and placed where some could be replaced, they never did.

Should try not to place families with screaming kids next door to the Honeymoon suite. I don't believe the hotel was full.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4PointsbySheratonGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad we could host such an important anniversary for you. I shared your comments with my executive team here at the hotel to make sure these areas are now complete. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know so we can improve our services. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sheraton Four Points at Fort Walton Beach. We had the most amazing time. Our view from our room was amazing. The lady at the front desk helped us out a lot (because it was our first time in Destin) with getting around. The service in the restaurant was excellent for breakfast every morning. They also told me they were building a huge hot tub in the middle of the resort along with water slides for the kids. We travel a few times a year on vacation and try to not go back to the same area. This hotel has made it hard for us not to that next year. We already booked our room for next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the beach
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review and I am happy to hear we have you hooked on the Emerald Coast! Hope to see you back soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach? Share your experiences!