“Great quiet place! Beautiful ocean view!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
BEST VALUE RATE BOOK NOW
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Alabama
“Great quiet place! Beautiful ocean view!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

We had reservations elsewhere and was not pleased, so we checked around and found that Best Western FWB had better rates. THey told us we'd get a good deal because they had a "walk-in Special." THey also told us that check in was at 3:00, but if they room was ready before then, they would call us. But it turned out that they had one already ready! They let us check in 4 hours early. The hotel was clean. All the staff were nice. Everything in the hotel was trendy...cute! Beds could've been a little more comfortable, but they were do-able. May not be that way in every room. Our beach view was AWESOME! Short walk to the beach. Pool was great. THey have live entertainment in the Swizzle Stick Lounge everynight. Overall, I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

I've been coming to the Best Western Ft. Walton for the last 10 years straight. I can't imagine not making the annual trip down. My son, my brother & I are heading down this May again for another 7 day stay. We go fishing on the New Florida Girl boat every year as well. We've never had any trouble at the hotel. We're always able to check in early and the staff treats you like family. It's nothing fancy but we love it and cant wait to get back!!!!!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

We stay here every year and wouldn't dream of ever going without our annual trek to Ft. Walton Beach. Ok...it's not the Rennassaince or Marriott but it's funky, kitchsy cute, very family & singles friendly and the staff is NICE! We love Don & Dannielle, the bartenders at the Cabana Lounge poolside and the Swizzlestick Lounge is the best little find at Ft. Walton Beach! We love the fact that we can SAFELY walk down the beach at 3:30 a.m. and it is quiet and relaxing...you won't find the college frat crowd here. Very family friendly on the beach with no thongs to explain to the 13 year olds :) It's just my favorite beach in Florida and coming to this Best Western is as close to being on vacation with my parents in the mid-1960's as I can get. Very nostalgic. Get a balcony room, enjoy walking to restaurants and rent beach chairs/umbrellas for the day. Walk up to the tikki hut Cabana poolside bar for a heck of a Creamsicle or Daquiri. Sit out under the stars all night without fearing for your life. If you want crowds, noise and general riff-raff...go to Destin.

Stayed June 2008
2 Thank koolflowers
TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

We booked our room here for 2 night the first weekend in June. We traveled to Fort Walton Beach for a friends wedding. Our friends who were getting married also stayed here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went out of thier way to make for sure that our friends remembered thier wedding day, even allowing us to use a room downstairs for a last minute reception. Our room was very clean. The hotel is located directly on the beach (which is beautiful). The views are great if you purchase a gulf front room. I will stay here again and recommend it to everyone that goes to Fort Walton.

Stayed June 2008
2 Thank tabthebeachbum
dallas texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

I stayed at this motel with my friend, and this place is a dump, covered in new paint. Some of the staff was helpful. Some of the staff had attitude problems. It just didn't seem to be a good place to stay. The water was not hot. The lady that was doing breakfast had a cold and was handling the food with her hands. My friend spoke to the manager named Ellen. She is not a nice person at all, She pretty much told us we could go stay somewhere else. I just don't get it anymore we come to these places and spend our money and get threated like we are nobody. VERY UNHAPPY WE OUR STAY.......

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank lindaharris789
jerry46121
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

My wife made the reservation at this hotel.. Something came up, so she had to cancel it. Meanwhile, here it is months late, I am checking my credit card statement, and the hotel had charge me a no show charge. I called the hotel and was pretty much told i was not getting my money back, to just suck it up. Hotel policy.They said no one was going to take the charge of my card. I was also told the Manager was going to call me back. Here it is days later no call...... and the charge is still on my card. I didn't think hotels were this rude to there guest. After being spoken to in the way. I would never rebook with the ever again. I just hope other Best Western's are not this way with there guest...
I work hard for my money, and just can,t afford to just give the money away like this.

Stayed August 2007
7 Thank jerry46121
columbus ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

the hotel was nothing like i was told it was. it had a good view but some of the staff was awful. a lady checked me in, looked high on something.(hair not comb, clothes not ironed) she talked alot , all we wanted was to get to our room and relax for a minute.

the bar outside, we were told it was going to be opened and it wasn't.
The breakfast was ok. but it could use some work.
we checked out 2 days early and stay somewhere else.

Stayed September 2007
7 Thank candygirl69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#1 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 341 reviews
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#5 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 501 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- ...
#10 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 792 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#2 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 466 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

Been to BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront? Share your experiences!